PDA

View Full Version : Man Returns Home to Find Family Dog Mauled Father to Death

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Alana Greenfogel - ABC News

The now released 911 call placed by a Santa Fe man reveal his frantic horror as he returned home to find that their family dog has mauled his father, who lay dead on the front porch of their home.

Gavin Wright made a tough decision to have his dog Achilles euthanized after he returned home Tuesday afternoon to find his father dead, having bled to death after being attacked by the dog.

“My dad is dead on the front porch. It looks like my dog got a hold of him,” Wright told 911 dispatcher.

He became more emotional as he attempted to describe the horror at the scene over the phone.

“My dad is f***ed up,” he said, becoming more agitated. “Did you not hear me? My [expletive] dad is dead! … I don’t think you understand I can’t help him. You don’t understand the wounds I’m talking about. He bled to death.”

Wright, who lived with and took care of his older father, told the dispatcher that he had just returned home from work when he discovered to his shock what had happened.

On Tuesday Wright had to make a tough decision regarding the dog Achilles, who was once a beloved household pet and member of the family, but for a reason Wright doesn’t understand, became a vicious killer.

“Today was just a decision day for the dog,” he told ABC News Tuesday. “That’s one of those decision where you’re pinned in a corner.”

Achilles, 4, had been with the Wright family since he just a few weeks old puppy.

Wright says he went to say goodbye to Achilles at the shelter on Tuesday, and said when the dog saw him he jumped up, tail wagging. Although he wanted to fight to get the dog back, he is now fighting to move on with his life; if he had not surrendered the dog to be euthanized, he could have faced citations for having a violent animal.

“Him knowing exactly how his father died, and what pain he endured during this attack, that was literally the final chapter,” Lt. Louis Carlos of the Santa Fe police said regarding Wright’s ultimate decision.

Police say that over the last few days Achilles has been unresponsive at the shelter, hardly moving at all.

Wright wants the community to know his father and the dog were very close.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I had to read the article twice to make sure, but oddly ABC decided not to name the dog breed, so I Googled to find another story about it....I'll give you 3 guesses as to what breed the dog was and the first 2 don't count....

Jezter
05-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Pitbull?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Pitbull?

:winner:

Jezter
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
:winner:

That was tough... :razz:
Not very nice doggies these.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2012, 02:07 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Pitbull_2011.jpg/220px-Pitbull_2011.jpg

:shock:

Jezter
05-09-2012, 02:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Pitbull_2011.jpg/220px-Pitbull_2011.jpg

:shock:
Well he does make my ears bleed...so you never know! :lol:

Southern Belle
05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Same thing happened in SC in the last couple of weeks except that a baby was mauled (and later died) while the father was in the house asleep. No mention of the breed of dog.