PDA

View Full Version : 84-year-old Korean War vet shoots burglar with German Luger pistol he used in war

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/Y8r9S.jpg

During an early morning break-in at his Western Pennsylvania home on Tuesday, an 84-year-old Korean War veteran blasted a burglar in the neck with a German Luger he had carried in battle, police said.

In a scene that appeared to be pulled from the pages of the Clint Eastwood film "Gran Torino," grizzled war hero Fred Ricciutti grabbed his battlefield sidearm after he heard someone bust through a kitchen door of his Elizabeth Township house at around 4:30 a.m.

"I said, 'Halt, who's there?' " Ricciutti told Pittsburgh station WPXI.

"I'm thinking, friend or foe, he shouldn't be there that time of day."

Ricciutti fired once, hitting suspect Raymond Hiles, 25, in the neck.

Hills took off, but was arrested a few blocks away after Ricciutti called 911.

Cops said the wounded would-be robber had a screwdriver and a stun gun on him, the station reported.

He was charged with criminal trespass and burglary and was being held on $10,000 bond.

Ricciutti said the man used to live across the street from his house, which he shares with is ailing wife.

When asked if he thought Hiles messed with the wrong guy, Ricciutti told WPXI, "I think he probably found that out."

Cops said they don't plan on charging Ricciutti.

Hal-9000
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
so wait wait wait...:lol:

one guy in another story fires a warning shot into the ground after a home invasion and gets charged....this guy plugs the guy in the neck and doesn't get charged?

don't get me wrong, this instance is one of the times I completely endorse gun ownership and action...

KevinD
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I thought we explained the whole warning shot thing in that thread?

Oh, and BTW: Rock on with yo bad self old dude!

redred
05-09-2012, 06:21 PM
good on the old boy

Hal-9000
05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I thought we explained the whole warning shot thing in that thread?

Oh, and BTW: Rock on with yo bad self old dude!

ya you did, doesn't change the non parity of the events tho

KevinD
05-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I agree with you..it's fubar, but it is the way the laws break down.

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2012, 06:54 PM
He shot the dude in the neck and the dude survived...

:-k

KevinD
05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
4:30am, the guy was lucky to hit anything. I would suspect that it just grazed the punks' neck.

Hugh_Janus
05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
lugers are cool

Acid Trip
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
The old man has shitty aim and a slow trigger finger. My wife would have aimed center mass and emptied the clip.

Muddy
05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
The old man has shitty aim and a slow trigger finger. My wife would have aimed center mass and emptied the clip.

http://i.imgur.com/tpFi7.jpg

Hal-9000
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Morning! I'm here to read the mete...

AAAAARTGGGHHHHHHH

Loser
05-09-2012, 11:35 PM
so wait wait wait...:lol:

one guy in another story fires a warning shot into the ground after a home invasion and gets charged....this guy plugs the guy in the neck and doesn't get charged?

don't get me wrong, this instance is one of the times I completely endorse gun ownership and action...

The idiot fired a warning shot at a burglar that was LEAVING. i.e, not threatening in any way shape or form.*Which is highly illegal in all states*

This guy shot someone in his house.*very legal depending on the state you live in*

Two different scenarios.

Nemowork Pt2
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Out of curiosity what was he doing carrying a Luger in Korea? Not the most practical weapon to have around?