PDA

View Full Version : Romney Loses Cool When Questioned About Marijuana, Gay Marriage

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
CBS News 4 Denver

DENVER (CBS Denver) — A CBS4 reporter got under the skin of presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney after asking him about gay marriage and medical marijuana.

CBS4’s Shaun Boyd spoke with Romney Wednesday during his campaign stop at Fort Lupton to talk about what he called Obama’s failed energy policies.

When Boyd started asking Romney questions about gay marriage and the legalization of marijuana, Romney turned testy.

“Aren’t there issues of significance you would like to talk about?” Romney said. “The economy? The growth of jobs? The need to put people back to work? The challenges of Iran. We’ve got enormous issues we face, but you want to talk about medical marijuana.”

Romney ended up answering the question, saying that marijuana is a gateway drug and he would oppose the legalization of it.

Romney laughed it off at the end, though, telling Boyd that she “finally” got around to asking him about jobs.

“I’m not running on marriage and marijuana,” Romney said after the interview was over. “Those are state issues, right?”

Richard Cranium
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
“Those are state issues, right?”

BINGO..

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Romney ended up answering the question, saying that marijuana is a gateway drug and he would oppose the legalization of it.

:lol: I love this statement, I'm sure every person who uses hard drugs started with weed, never once did they smoke a cigarette or drink some booze :roll:

“I’m not running on marriage and marijuana,” Romney said after the interview was over. “Those are state issues, right?”

Exactly, but we all know he wont turn that control over to the states, just like Obummer didnt

Acid Trip
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I'll admit the marijuana was my gateway drug.

I tried it, realized everyone who ever told me it was bad was full of shit, and proceeded to try other drugs to see what else I was missing.

I found that mushrooms/LSD/ecstasy were awesome and that the rest (including prescription pills) had the potential to ruin your whole life.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll admit the marijuana was my gateway drug.

I tried it, realized everyone who ever told me it was bad was full of shit, and proceeded to try other drugs to see what else I was missing.

Thats true, but you tried weed before taking a beer from your parents fridge?

Muddy
05-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I found that mushrooms/LSD/ecstasy were awesome and that the rest (including prescription pills) had the potential to ruin your whole life.

Show me a person whose life was ruined with prescription pills and I'll point you to a doctor who should lose his license to practice medicine.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Show me a person whose life was ruined with prescription pills and I'll point you to a doctor who should lose his license to practice medicine.

There are a ton of them, but I dont see how that is here or there

Muddy
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
There are a ton of them, but I dont see how that is here or there

You would think that a responsible doctor that is actively treating someone would notice if their patients life was being ruined from the medication they prescribed.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:27 PM
You would think, but prescription drugs are just as abused as every other. A lot of doctors are just drug dealers these days anyway

Acid Trip
05-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Thats true, but you tried weed before taking a beer from your parents fridge?

I tried alcohol several times growing up but never got drunk before 17. I thought beer and wine tasted like ass until about 24.

I started smoking weed at 14.

Muddy
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM
You would think, but prescription drugs are just as abused as every other. A lot of doctors are just drug dealers these days anyway

Oh I agree they are abused.. But as I stated earlier, these doctors should be monitoring their patients and held accountable.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh I agree they are abused.. But as I stated earlier, these doctors should be monitoring their patients and held accountable.

My crack dealer cuts me off after he catches me robbing his house. Dr's just like getting the insurance money.

But on a serious note, as you see more celebrities die like Michael Jackson I think you will see Dr starting to be held more accountable

Acid Trip
05-10-2012, 03:31 PM

You don't have to get prescription pills from a doctor. They are sold on the street just like everything else.

Even people with legitimate prescriptions get addicted.

Muddy
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
My crack dealer cuts me off after he catches me robbing his house. Dr's just like getting the insurance money.

But on a serious note, as you see more celebrities die like Michael Jackson I think you will see Dr starting to be held more accountable

My doctor wont give me anything sedative or narcotic that has a refill on it.. I have to call in there and splain myself to get a re-up.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
My doctor wont give me anything sedative or narcotic that has a refill on it.. I have to call in there and splain myself to get a re-up.

Do some Dr shopping :lol:

Muddy
05-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Do some Dr shopping :lol:

No thanks.. I kinda like my guy being responsible..