PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 4, has ear nearly ripped off in pit bull attack

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
By Bob Fowler - Knoxville News Sentinel

A 4-year-old Harriman boy's ear was nearly torn off when he was attacked Monday afternoon by the family's two young pit bull dogs, authorities said.

The child, the son of Patricia Boshears of Emory Heights Road, was taken by ambulance to University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment.

Boshears reportedly told officials part of the ear was successfully reattached, and a news release from the Roane County Sheriff's Office states the child on Tuesday "was back at home and healing well from the injuries."

Efforts to contact the family were unsuccessful.

The attack occurred in the family's yard, authorities said. "He fell, and the dogs just turned on him for some reason," Roane County Animal Control Officer Josh Strickland said.

Strickland said the child also sustained scratches to his face and some injuries to his other ear.

When authorities arrived, Patricia Boshears had put one of the animals up, and the other was loose, Officer Larry Eaton with the Sheriff's Office reported.

Eaton said he saw one pit bull, its face covered with blood, come from the residence and crawl under the responding ambulance.

Strickland said the dogs "were not acting aggressive when I picked them up."

"They're acting fine now," he said Thursday afternoon. Both animals are full grown but young, he said. They were not kept within a fence at the home, he said.

The family's Labrador retriever, attached to a dog run at the time, also was taken to the animal shelter.

Strickland said he received a call Tuesday from Patricia Boshears saying the family wanted to relinquish ownership of all three dogs and "wanted them put to sleep."

Strickland said the animals will be held for 10 days and will then be euthanized.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, put all your dogs to sleep :roll:

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Seeing as Lance has launched a crusade to eradicate an entire breed of dog by posting stories that only serve to promote fear, I've found a website that catalogs news stories of pitbulls doing good deeds and showing that the breed is worth saving.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/HeroicPitties.htm

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Seeing as Lance has launched a crusade to eradicate an entire breed of dog by posting stories that only serve to promote fear, I've found a website that catalogs news stories of pitbulls doing good deeds and showing that the breed is worth saving.

:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Yup, no reason to be afraid of them at all...all those stories about the pit bull attacks are no doubt all made up :tup:

Hal-9000
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Our neighbors have a rather large golden shepard..he's just coming out of the puppy phase. He's already broken a board on our fence twice getting up on it and the owners have got a warning from the nearby school as the dog is now trying to snap at people walking in the back alley.

I saw him carrying a fair size log in his mouth one day....like pitbulls, German Shepards can become quite dangerous in a hearbeat...

I personally think it's cruel of the owners to keep a dog of that size in the city, something is going to happen..

Goofy
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Any animal can turn, i blame the owner personally, not the dog! If people were a bit more sensible with their pets these incidents wouldn't happen.......... muzzles are very cheap!

We have a 5 year old springer spaniel and he's the best natured dog i've ever known......... but i still don't let him close to young kids when i'm out walking him because you just never know! If kids want to pet him then i'll make him sit and hold him by the collar.

Hal-9000
05-10-2012, 05:38 PM
that looked like a legmann post for a minute

:lol: srry

:coat:

Goofy
05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
that looked like a legmann post for a minute

:lol: srry

:coat:

He has a dog? :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Any animal can turn, i blame the owner personally, not the dog! If people were a bit more sensible with their pets these incidents wouldn't happen.......... muzzles are very cheap!

This is exactly it IMO

Hal-9000
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
He has a dog? :shock:

no silly! it was the structure of the post! for some reason you reminded me of Leggy! (not taking into account the content of the post!)

I'm being an ass! :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Yup, no reason to be afraid of them at all...all those stories about the pit bull attacks are no doubt all made up :tup:

No they're not made up. They're unfortunately true, and absolutely the result of fucking idiot irresponsible owners.

I just posted a link that catalogs stories where the owners weren't irresponsible owners and you're just gonna brush it off like it's nothing and continue to perpetuate the myth that these very sweet dogs are nothing more than evil baby killers. The reason why these dogs attack is because the owners don't know what the fuck they are doing, or worse, they mistreat these dogs intentionally, making them vicious. And people do that not just with pitbulls, but with all types of dogs.

You don't want to accept the fact that it's human beings causing the fucking problem. Well, keep up the ignorant fearmongering, dude. That's a great fucking solution.

Goofy
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
My uncle had his dog put down about 15 years ago, it was a lovely golden retriever........... which just happened to take a chunk out of my cousin's arm. Now, i wouldn't consider retrievers to be a dangerous breed......... at the same time i dunno if my cousin provoked it or not but it proves the point that any animal can turn!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
No they're not made up. They're unfortunately true, and absolutely the result of fucking idiot irresponsible owners.

I just posted a link that catalogs stories where the owners weren't irresponsible owners and you're just gonna brush it off like it's nothing and continue to perpetuate the myth that these very sweet dogs are nothing more than evil baby killers. The reason why these dogs attack is because the owners don't know what the fuck they are doing, or worse, they mistreat these dogs intentionally, making them vicious. And people do that not just with pitbulls, but with all types of dogs.

You don't want to accept the fact that it's human beings causing the fucking problem. Well, keep up the ignorant fearmongering, dude. That's a great fucking solution.

Yeah, name calling, awesome way to try and make your point :thumbsup:

Muddy
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
We had a pitbull get loose yesterday(someones back yard) and attack 2 girls in our county..

Muddy
05-10-2012, 06:08 PM
My uncle had his dog put down about 15 years ago, it was a lovely golden retriever........... which just happened to take a chunk out of my cousin's arm. Now, i wouldn't consider retrievers to be a dangerous breed......... at the same time i dunno if my cousin provoked it or not but it proves the point that any animal can turn!

I bet he lived though didnt he? It's not about the bites,it's about fatalitys..

redred
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM
so kid and dogs alone in the garden together:roll: kid falls was he running? in which case the dog would have been hyped up you never will get the full story behind these attacks

Muddy
05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Pit bull owners should be charged exactly for the crimes their dogs commit..

redred
05-10-2012, 06:12 PM
dog owners should be charged exactly for the crimes their dogs commit..

fixed :tup:

Hal-9000
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
the dog owners in general in our neighborhood are complete assholes...

We have a little park behind our house with a large sign that says - No dogs in this park (we have off leash parks, leash parks and no dog parks)

my Dad and I are in the garage, Pa politely says to one guy with his dog - Please don't bring your dogs here, the sign above your head says - ''No dogs'' and you don't even have a bag with you (to clean up the poop)

Asshole responds - So what about here and points to an area OF THE PARK near the alley and says - This grassy part here isn't the park, I can have my dog here can't I?

It was going to get ugly so I shambled up to the guy and quietly said - You should leave now...

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WL8_a5EIYLI/TeFVz1V9dEI/AAAAAAAAER4/EjCCqmDAkZk/s1600/Snoop%252BDogg.jpg