PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine...

DemonGeminiX
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
... just called me to inform me that she was taking it upon herself to convert all of her friends to veganism, including me. Why? Because she saw it on Oprah.

After listening to her recite to me all the reasons I should do it, even though she has yet to do it herself, and after I was able to get a few words in the actual conversation including "I'm not doing it because I like eating meat", I hung up on her.

I think I'm gonna have to change my phone number now.

:|

Pony
02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I get my Veggies recycled.

I've told folks before I eat food, not foods food.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
... just called me to inform me that she was taking it upon herself to convert all of her friends to veganism, including me. Why? Because she saw it on Oprah.

After listening to her recite to me all the reasons I should do it, even though she has yet to do it herself, and after I was able to get a few words in the actual conversation including "I'm not doing it because I like eating meat", I hung up on her.

I think I'm gonna have to change my phone number now.

Meat is tasty :tup:

Godfather
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I think I could be a vegitarian. I'd cheat here and there, but it wouldn't be too hard. Just got to eat right to make sure you still get protein and all. Hell without even trying there are days where I don't eat meat. It's not a big deal.... as long as you're not all preachy and shitty about it.

Veganism however is bullshit. Not eating any animal products? No way. You know how hard it would be to even go out for dinner with friends? People bitch and complain about dairy cows and animals used for their bi-products :roll: Please. Living without eating anything related to milk, cheese or eggs just is ridiculous and pointless. Veganism is damned near impossible if you ask me. And disgusting food choices.

They're fed, sheltered and protected from predators - that's more than we can say for homeless people on the Downtown East-side

Pony
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM
that's more than we can say for homeless people on the Downtown East-side

Damn Cannibal. Must be a Canadian thing.

RBP
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Damn Cannibal. Must be a Canadian thing.

OMG... is THAT what Canadian Bacon is????

Pony
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Bwahahahahaha *gasp* ahahahaha

fricnjay
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm fine with people being vegan, more meat for me. :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm fine with people being vegan, more meat for me. :dance:

I like the way you think :tup:

Pony
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I respect your beliefs as long as you don't try and cram it down my throat. Same with religion.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I respect your beliefs as long as you don't try and cram it down my throat. Same with religion.

What if someone tries to cram beer down your throat? :-k

Pony
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Are their beliefs that I need to be drinking heavily?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Probably :-k

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Then I'd say... "get the fuck outta here with your old natty light, I'm on the wagon.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
:shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
When money's tight, Old Milwaukee's right :tup:

Foxdana
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
My ex was a vegetarian, a pain in the arse with it too! Wouldn't eat if the food even touched a meat product, couldn't use the same tongs, checked packet labels and wouldn't touch it unless it said it was vegetarian! I had to cook two meals every night, cause I was never going to go there, no matter how much he pushed!

Dr. Girlfriend
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I like meat. I would never ask anybody to eat or not to eat something just because it's my beliefs. Eat, drink or do anything legal you want. Enjoy your life. It's too short as it is.

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
When money's tight, Old Milwaukee's right :tup:

That just reminded me about the Walgreens brand beer they were talking about on the radio today. $3 for a six pack.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
My ex was a vegetarian, a pain in the arse with it too! Wouldn't eat if the food even touched a meat product, couldn't use the same tongs, checked packet labels and wouldn't touch it unless it said it was vegetarian! I had to cook two meals every night, cause I was never going to go there, no matter how much he pushed!

That's just crazy! :nuts:

I like meat. I would never ask anybody to eat or not to eat something just because it's my beliefs. Eat, drink or do anything legal you want. Enjoy your life. It's too short as it is.

:tup:

That just reminded me about the Walgreens brand beer they were talking about on the radio today. $3 for a six pack.

:puke:

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Last cookout I went to over the summer they cooked the veggie burgers first for someone that was on their way, we all waited patiently for the real meat to get fired up, the person showed up and refused to eat it because it was on the same grille. We explained the grille had been cleaned and her burger cooked first but it was a losing argument. Apparently the smoke from previously cooked meals was too much for her.

Foxdana
02-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Last cookout I went to over the summer they cooked the veggie burgers first for someone that was on their way, we all waited patiently for the real meat to get fired up, the person showed up and refused to eat it because it was on the same grille. We explained the grille had been cleaned and her burger cooked first but it was a losing argument. Apparently the smoke from previously cooked meals was too much for her.

Yep, I know how that is! The splatter of the frying pan had to be well clear of anything he would eat! Very frustrating!

I find the smoke thing hilarious!!!

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Yep, I know how that is! The splatter of the frying pan had to be well clear of anything he would eat! Very frustrating!

I find the smoke thing hilarious!!!

The worst thing was it was up on the Lake Erie islands, everyone had been partying all day and then got invited to go eat at a locals house. Ever try telling 20 drunk, starving people they need to wait for the food because of someones preferences? I was shocked that everyone stayed civil. Believe me though, when she refused to eat it.....

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
The worst thing was it was up on the Lake Erie islands, everyone had been partying all day and then got invited to go eat at a locals house. Ever try telling 20 drunk, starving people they need to wait for the food because of someones preferences? I was shocked that everyone stayed civil. Believe me though, when she refused to eat it.....

Please tell me this happened -------------> :beatdown:

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Damn close. It was more this though
:rant::rant::rant: :rant::rant::rant:
:rant::rant::saysyou: :rant::rant:

DemonGeminiX
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Shocked that Pony would say he's on the wagon?

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Damn close. It was more this though
:rant::rant::saysyou: :rant::rant:

And then I would have gone with this:

:machinegun:

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:38 PM
:D There, cleared that up for you in the wagon thread. :lol2:

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
And then I would have gone with this:

:machinegun:

Food for the fishes.

Kinda morbid story: (hidden text for anyone that doesn't want to read)
Up there on the island, there's a ton of partying and boating every weekend, of course every so often someone goes missing on the water. Found out last year that every time this happens some of the locals have a "bob" betting pool. They all throw in 10 bucks and choose a location the person will bob up out of the water. Winner takes all.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:48 PM

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Yea, that was about my reaction. I asked him twice when he told me if he was kidding. Nope.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 11:50 PM
That's pretty cold man :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-02-2011, 11:51 PM
That's messed up.

Foxdana
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM
If they didn't look for them, then made bets, that would suck! People will bet on anything, as your story proves!

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Yea, some of the stuff the employees and locals do up there to stay entertained has always amused me but I thought that one was over the top.

Needless to say they don't care much for all the twenty something kids that show up there every weekend just to get hammered and make asses out of themselves. Think living at spring break only every weekend all summer.

Pony
02-02-2011, 11:59 PM
If they didn't look for them, then made bets, that would suck! People will bet on anything, as your story proves!

Pretty much everyone will get out there and help the coast guard look, I like to think they are just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

The Monk
02-12-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm a vegetarian - I eat beef and lamb. They eat green stuff so that's good enough for me.....:lol:

Noilly Pratt
02-12-2011, 05:30 AM
OMG... is THAT what Canadian Bacon is????

Soylent Green is....people! :D

Amen, brother!

I had something similar happen...a friend's new girlfriend. I said "go inside, I have a toaster oven and and an oven, you can use them." She then asked "have you ever cooked meat in them". I said "of course. Have some salad."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6p98VtdQ1w

Southern Belle
02-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I've read that there are vegans who take it so far as to not have sex with people who eat meat.

Godfather
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I've read that there are vegans who take it so far as to not have sex with people who eat meat.

I've heard similar :roll:

I worked with this one little nutcase who didn't want to eat at restaurants that served meat because the cutlery and dishes the vegetarian/vegan meals came on were the same :lol:

I don't think the majority of Jews and Muslims are even that serious about avoiding foods they can't eat

Goofy
02-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Cows are vegans i think......... and i eat quite a lot of cow meat............ so i must be part vegan :D

Southern Belle
One of the managers where I used to work had to have her veggie burger cooked on foil on the grill so it wouldn't touch anything that meat had touched. I don't really get it but whatever.

Foxdana

That would significantly narrow down your partner choices! I've never heard that one before, madness!

Goofy
02-12-2011, 09:29 AM

I'm the exact opposite of that........ theres no way i could be with a woman who didn't eat meat :)

Sexual reference unintentional :lol:

Southern Belle
02-12-2011, 09:39 AM
w00t

Shady
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Veganism is a sin against nature. Creationist or Evolutionist your ancestors ate meat and thats how they survived. Hunters go out and kill their food, cook it and eat it. I've yet to see a vegan go out and harvest some soy beans and turn it into tofu.

Vegans don't have much sex as they eat soy. Soy decreases testosterone which is one of the key hormones in arousal of both sexes. I say good, the less the procreate the better the world will be.

The Monk
02-12-2011, 01:31 PM

So no blow jobs there then ?

:mrgreen:

The Monk
02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm the exact opposite of that........ theres no way i could be with a woman who didn't eat meat :)

sexual reference unintentional :lol:

.... yeah..right..:lol:

The Monk
02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZoRXC.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Veganism is a sin against nature. Creationist or Evolutionist your ancestors ate meat and thats how they survived. Hunters go out and kill their food, cook it and eat it. I've yet to see a vegan go out and harvest some soy beans and turn it into tofu.

:thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I worked with this one little nutcase who didn't want to eat at restaurants that served meat because the cutlery and dishes the vegetarian/vegan meals came on were the same :lol:

Seriously?? :huh:

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Actually...digesting some types of meat are pretty tough on your body.

I'm not vegan and I eat ALL meats, yet medical science says eating dandelions and straw is better for your system.

Southern Belle
02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I try to limit red meat but I don't really succeed much. I'm thinking about a hot dog for lunch.

pepo
02-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I try to limit red meat but I don't really succeed much. I'm thinking about a hot dog for lunch.

pepo got a foot-long! :tup:

MrsM
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I knew a girl that was vegan - she had the worst farts. She wasn't trying to convert others, but encouraged others to try her veggie options. Everytime I tried them I always thought "Why" - it was a less tasty and dryer version of meat - a veggie burger is useless - eat your veggies as veggies. If you want to eat a burger - then eat a burger.

Southern Belle
02-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Cool sig Pepo!

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Actually...digesting some types of meat are pretty tough on your body.

I'm not vegan and I eat ALL meats, yet medical science says eating dandelions and straw is better for your system.

Medical science has also stated that we as humans couldn't have developed our brain size and functional levels by eating vegetables alone.

Foxdana
02-12-2011, 10:50 PM

It might be a stretch calling a hot dog meat :lol:

Southern Belle
02-12-2011, 11:01 PM

:lol: They're Nathans which are high quality.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Hot dogs are awesome [-(

Yt Trash
02-13-2011, 05:04 PM

It's a meat by product so it counts. But :spam: on the other hand .... is a different story.:lol:

Southern Belle
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Lean roast beef for lunch today

Joebob034
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a friend who's vegan and allergic to gluten......what the hell does she eat?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
It's a meat by product so it counts. But :spam: on the other hand .... is a different story.:lol:

Mmmmmm....fried spam :homer:

The Monk
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I found your "friend".....

http://i.imgur.com/a99AF.jpg

Pony
02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
He must be their spokesman.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Seems normal, just like all vegans I have ever met :-k

The Monk
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
These grass munchers love to advertise......

http://i.imgur.com/CTGC0.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I got stuck at a red light behind a minivan with a "Go Vegan" sticker on it's rear bumper today.

redred
02-19-2011, 02:02 AM
i've got 2 very good friend of mine who's vegan the other half has a cracking chooclate cake made with them in mind ,oh btw vegans ain't pussies i use to banger race with this bloke

The Monk
02-19-2011, 09:38 AM
i've got 2 very good friend of mine who's vegan the other half has a cracking chooclate cake made with them in mind ,oh btw vegans ain't pussies i use to bang this bloke

beowulf
02-19-2011, 12:19 PM
vegitarian............indian word for 'lousy hunter'

no way could i give up meat............in fact only 10 mins ago i had a double bacon butty........how could any one give up bacon???????:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
That's okay, all the vegans will end up dying out from lack of nutrition and being weak and that will leave more meat for the rest of us :banana:

beowulf
02-19-2011, 12:37 PM
NOTICE TO VEGITARIANS

my food poops on your food

enjoy that salad

:lol:

Midnight_Beacon
02-20-2011, 06:11 AM

I agree. Though I like the way Fricnjay thinks too. More meat for us!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2011, 11:43 AM
NOTICE TO VEGITARIANS

my food poops on your food

enjoy that salad

:banana:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2011, 11:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RiNrY.jpg (http://imgur.com/RiNrY)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2011, 12:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zIvIb.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G4axh.jpg

redred
02-20-2011, 01:08 PM

:homer:

Goofy
02-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Wipe off the green bits and i'll take it :tup:

LittleDevil
02-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't eat a lot of meat a lot, however, when I've got a hankering for a big piece of meat there's no way tofu or soy protein is going to satisfy me.

ItsBlondie
02-21-2011, 03:02 AM
I like eating meat

If I had a nickel....

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4Dn34.jpg

Muddy
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM

That's a beauty...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zxAe3.jpg

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zxAe3.jpg

Iffy
08-15-2011, 01:29 AM
I agree Lets all go vegan.

...and then when the animals start to overpopulate we can kill them and do nothing with the corpses :thumbsup:

*bites into quadruple-double bacon burger*

Noilly Pratt
08-15-2011, 03:55 AM
I say, everything in moderation.

But damn, I do wish that my Dr didn't say that my blood pressure is the high side of normal. Baconators from Wendy's are out of the question.