PDA

View Full Version : Gwen Stefani Donates $1 Million to Japan Relief Efforts

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/CQnXK.jpg

She might be a rich girl, but Gwen Stefani is also a generous humanitarian.

On Wednesday the No Doubt singer, 41, donated $1 million to Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake-Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund to help with recovery efforts in the devastated nation.

"I've been inspired by Japan for many years and have a true love, appreciation and respect for the Japanese people and their culture," Stefani told UsMagazine.com in a statement. "The disaster in Japan is beyond heartbreaking, and I want to do anything I can to help. I would never be able to make a gesture like this without the love and support of all the fans over all these years."

In addition to her donation, Stefani, who is mom to Kingston, 4, and Zuma, 2, is also encouraging her fans to contribute. Next week the L.A.M.B. designer will unveil a limited edition Harajuku Lovers T-shirt through nodoubt.com; all proceeds from sales will go to help in relief efforts.

Hal-9000
03-23-2011, 07:02 PM
another woman showing the male millionaire celebs how to do it :thumbsup:

RBP
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Very Nice!

Hal-9000
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Sheen makes me sick....he's throws tantrums about his own bad behavior finally being recognized and decides to go on tour.He admits there isn't a planned agenda for the concerts, just him ranting randomly for 2 hours about how great he is.

The tickets cost from 79 dollars to 130 dollars and he's added Canadian dates.Then he very 'generously' announces that a whole dollar from each ticket will go to the Japan Relief Fund.

He already makes a killing for a 1/2 hour sitcom, he's going to rake it in with these 'concerts' and then says he'll be donating a spit in the bucket for Japan.Nice going Charlie, I hope your oversize heart blows up.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Yup, saw that same thing...a whole dollar. How amazingly generous of him :|

What an asshat

Midnight_Beacon
03-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Is anyone actually going to go see him? Really?? *boggle*

Godfather
03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
The guy sold out fuggin' fast here :roll: Tickets are going for 300$ on the internet

I heard that on the radio too... 1$ of every ticked... great....:wha: