PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bieber Labeled ‘Bad Role Model’ By Famed Attorney After Admitting He Didn’t Care About Graduating

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Celebuzz News

http://i.imgur.com/sMEi0.jpg

Justin Bieber may have swagger, but is he setting the best example for his fans?

In an interview with the Australian paper The Daily Telegraph, the 18-year-old pop star admitted that finishing school wasn’t his highest priority as he juggled his burgeoning music career.

“[Finishing high school] was something my mom really wanted me to do, so I had to do it for her,” he explained in the interview. “I mean, this kind of lifestyle has given me a different perspective on life. I’ve been able to travel the world.”

According to famed attorney and New York Times best-selling author Lisa Bloom, the “too cool” teen star is setting a bad example for his fans.

“Yes, he’s just 18, but he’s an adult,” said Bloom, who has just released her new book Swagger: 10 Urgent Rules for Raising Boys in an Era of Failing Schools, Mass Joblessness and Thug Culture.

“Celebrities have a responsibility to be role models for their millions and millions of fans. When he says something like that, it creates a terrible example for young people.”

Although the Grammy-nominated singer has a much different lifestyle than most teenager, Bieber bluntly shrugged off the importance of education, admitting to the newspaper:

“At school, usually you have to do a lot of writing and reading. I’m not really into that stuff. I like to be out there.”

These comments didn’t sit well with Bloom, who previously hosted Lisa Bloom: Open Court — a two-hour live legal news program – on truTv’s IN SESSION, formerly Court TV, from 2001 to 2009.

The acclaimed author was also critical of celebrities like Eminem, Kanye West and Lil Wayne, who she argued, gives boys all the wrong messages about manhood.

In her book Swagger, Bloom noted that teenage boys are illiterate, dropping out of high school, unemployed and going to prison at record rates — the highest in our history — and Hollywood is partially to blame for their “irresponsible” comments and musical lyrics.

“Very few people are going to have the fame and fortune that Justin Bieber has at a young age. He’s very talented, and I salute him for his work as a singer and artist, but he has to own the fact that he’s a role model and not make irresponsible statements.”

Of Bieber, she told Celebuzz: “He is the definition of cool for some many kids … so I don’t want any young person to think reading is uncool or finishing school is uncool.”

Hal-9000
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
gee making 20 million dollars when you're 17 or finishing high school? hmmmm

high school isn't for everyone :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2012, 10:15 PM
He's gonna wish he went to college when no one gives a shit about him anymore and he can't make a dime sucking cock.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
He's gonna wish he went to college when no one gives a shit about him anymore and he can't make a dime sucking cock.

[-(

From the little bit I have seen him in interviews, he doesn't exactly seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, I doubt he could even get into college...unless he applied to Hal's Discount House of Learnin'

:lol:

Hal-9000
05-17-2012, 10:22 PM
From the little bit I have seen him in interviews, he doesn't exactly seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, I doubt he could even get into college...unless he applied to Hal's Discount House of Learnin'

We encourage the 3 R's......rollin, rappin and reducin the strain on an overburdened educational system :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM