PDA

View Full Version : Man went to work, left toddler home alone with Cheerios

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
By Barbara Hijek - South Florida Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/mVkR8.jpg

Elton Jerome Davis. Jr. is accused of leaving a 17-month-old child alone in his home while he went to work, according to a news release from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

The 24-year-old Fort Walton Beach man told deputies that he had placed the sleeping child on the couch — and put some Cheerio's and orange juice nearby — before he left for work, the report states.

A woman found the toddler at an active thoroughfare playing with a dog. Deputies later went to Davis' home and found an opened front door, according to the release.

Davis has been charged with Child Neglect without Great Harm.

Acid Trip
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow, looks like he even forgot to lock the door.

Arkady Renko
05-22-2012, 03:05 PM
at least he went to work and not to score some crack...but still. Doesn't sound as if he's competent to raise the kid by himself.

RBP
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
at least he went to work and not to score some crack...but still. Doesn't sound as if he's competent to raise the kid by himself.

idk if he's incompetent or just had a child care issue. Hard to say, but he was wrong either way.

Arkady Renko
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
idk if he's incompetent or just had a child care issue. Hard to say, but he was wrong either way.

It's easy for me to talk, obviously, but I'd say even if his babysitter let him down or the daycare center suddenly closed because of an outbreak of rabies or whatever, it's absolutely reckless to leave a kid this young to his own devices for hours on end.

RBP
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
It's easy for me to talk, obviously, but I'd say even if his babysitter let him down or the daycare center suddenly closed because of an outbreak of rabies or whatever, it's absolutely reckless to leave a kid this young to his own devices for hours on end.

I don't disagree

Arkady Renko
05-22-2012, 03:19 PM
me neither

Muddy
05-22-2012, 03:21 PM
He could have put him in the washer for safe keeping..

Acid Trip
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I wonder if the kid would have stayed put for Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms...

Hal-9000
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
"Davis has been charged with Child Neglect with THE POTENTIAL FOR Great Harm. "

fixed :thumbsup:

Elton-Jerome....piss off :lol: