PDA

View Full Version : ‘This is me’: Accused thief leaves video of himself on stolen camera

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2012, 03:01 PM
By ANNE JUNGEN - The LaCrosse Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/VivIr.jpg

A La Crosse man recorded himself on a stolen camera taunting police. Now he’s in jail, and the videos are on YouTube.

“This is my house, yes, and a stolen camera that I stole,” he says. “But it’s OK, the cops won’t figure it out.”

He continues: “Oh yeah, to introduce you, my name is Houaka Yang, so yeah. How do you do?”

Authorities say Yang, who has a history of stealing from cars, left behind a trail of videos of himself on the camera he stole late May 11 from an unlocked car outside the home of Republican state Senate candidate Bill Feehan.

Chris Rochester is Feehan’s spokesman and the camera’s owner. He got his camera back last week but didn’t find the suspect’s home movies until after he filmed Gov. Scott Walker’s visit to La Crosse on Monday.

“I was surprised,” Rochester said. “It goes into Jay Leno’s stupid criminals.”

Rochester put one video on YouTube and titled it “Stupid criminal: Dude who stole my handycam records himself saying ‘hi.’”

Yang and his 13-year-old co-defendant, also of La Crosse, admitted breaking into Feehan’s car and several others after confronted with home surveillance video that captures the eight-minute crime, according to La Crosse police reports.

They turned over an array of stolen items, including the video camera. Both now face theft charges. Yang also faces a bail jumping charge because he was out on bond for stealing items from cars.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM
:facepalm: