PDA

View Full Version : When a soldier comes home

Goofy
05-26-2012, 12:07 PM
http://truthfordummies.com/docs/honor/

Foxdana
05-26-2012, 12:34 PM
This is an awesome reminder! :tup: Really puts things into perspective!

I love the last line on how to download a PDF version: Mac users, you already know everything, anyway - find a PDF reader on your own.

Goofy
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
I love the last line on how to download a PDF version: Mac users, you already know everything, anyway - find a PDF reader on your own.

Yep, that made me giggle :lol:

Shady
05-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Some friends and I were joking about this last night. One of our buddies had just come back from afghanistan about a week before this wedding and he got absolutely shitfaced. Tried to start a fight with some police and almost got arrested until we mentioned that he had just come back. The police were very understanding. He had managed to do this walking the 75 ft to the car from the entrance of the place.

Noilly Pratt
05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Very very good.

When my 27 yr old friend first came back from Afghanistan, he found it hard to relate to his friends, and hung out with me (a 47 year old) a lot...this was why.

I hadn't been through a war but knew what he had faced and told him that part of what he fought for is to keep his friend's innocence intact. All they had to worry about was if their teeth were white enough, or their car was polished, or other such things that'd be trivial to those over there.