PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels Sues the Tony Awards

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/5AVED.jpg

He's taking on the Tonys.

Last year Bret Michaels nearly died of a brain hemorrhage, and now the singer is claiming the life-threatening condition resulted from an injury during his 2009 performance at the Tony Awards.

On Friday, Michaels, 48, filed a law-suit in L.A. County Superior Court against Tony Award Productions, CBS, and others for unspecified damages, reports TMZ.com.

In the complaint the Rock of Love star says producers did not instruct him how to properly exit the stage and he was "smacked" in the head by a piece of the set.

Immediately following the show, Michaels was treated for a broken nose and cut lip, but says that the brain injury six months later was a direct result of the incident.

States the suit: "One of the most common causes of this type of hemorrhage is head trauma -- exactly like the one Michaels suffered at the hands of the Tony Awards."

While Michaels spent the last year in and out of the hospital, there was at least one positive result. The reality star told Us Weekly it brought him and fiance Kristi Gibson closer together.

Said Michaels, "She's the one who put up with me all these years!"

Godfather
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Sucks the dude almost died, and if that injury can be proved to be the cause of his stroke I hope he gets compensated...

....but looking at his face offends me. He's hideously creepy.

redred
03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
ffs can't he just be happy living i'm sure he has more money than most people will ever have why does he need to start this type of crap trying to get more

Hal-9000
03-26-2011, 09:25 PM
"did not instruct him how to properly exit the stage and he was "smacked" in the head by a piece of the set."

I've had a lot of head injuries...seriously.And I can attribute almost 75% of them to me hitting an inanimate object.

:rolleyes: I'm sure that set piece didn't jump out and smack him...but I wasn't there so I don't know the details.

samarchepas
03-26-2011, 09:41 PM
ffs can't he just be happy living i'm sure he has more money than most people will ever have why does he need to start this type of crap trying to get more

One word: Publicity (or just attention :lol:)

Midnight_Beacon
04-02-2011, 05:58 AM
"did not instruct him how to properly exit the stage and he was "smacked" in the head by a piece of the set."

I've had a lot of head injuries...seriously.And I can attribute almost 75% of them to me hitting an inanimate object.

:rolleyes: I'm sure that set piece didn't jump out and smack him...but I wasn't there so I don't know the details.

It was my understanding that something fell on him.

Given how much it's cost for my daughter to get hit by an SUV, I'm willing to bet his medical bills are extensive - and if that's what he's going for, then sorry guys, I can't blame him - IF it fell on him & he didn't just walk into something. If he walked into something? Eh need more information.