PDA

View Full Version : Trololo man in critical health condition

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
RIA Novosti

http://i.imgur.com/hWkBe.jpg

Russian singer Eduard Khil who became an internet sensation two years ago is in a coma after a stroke. The 77-year-old stage star is in intensive care as he has suffered irreversible brain damage.

The Soviet stage legend who rose to international fame in 2010 when his I Am So Happy to Finally Be Back Home scooped the attention of millions around the world, is in St. Petersburg Polenov Scientific Research Institute of Neurosurgery. Medics fighting for Khil’s life say several important functions of the singer’s brain are irreversibly damaged.

Doctors suggest Trololo man’s life could be saved, but he would need urgent surgery, Gazeta.ru reports. Even if the singer survives the operation, there are no guarantees of recovery.

Khil’s family are searching for extra funds for his treatment and hope that Russia’s new Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova will help.

Eduard Khil was born in Smolensk in 1934. The handsome and charismatic young baritone rose to fame in the 1960s. Victory at an International Youth Festival in Berlin in 1973 gave him a chance to see the world, as the singer made a global tour, visiting some 80 countries. Later, in the 1980s Eduard Khil was one of the few Soviet people to travel to the US and Europe. Singer Mireille Mathieu and France’s 21st President François Mitterrand enjoyed Khil’s performances in Paris’s Rasputin cabaret.

In 2010, the singer’s half-century-old hit brought Khil international attention as his vintage video scooped over 2 million views on YouTube over just a few days. International fans of the song I Am So Happy to Finally Be Back Home nicknamed Eduard Khil Trololo Man, begging him to give live shows in their countries.

Despite the unexpected fame of I Am So Happy to Finally Be Back Home, in his home country Khil is better known for other songs, such as the Soviet hits Where the Fatherland Begins, At a Nameless Height, Winter and many more.