PDA

View Full Version : Mom And Dad Don't Approve Of Music In Daughter's Viral Videos Of Dancing Cockatoo

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
by Adam Yosim - LEX 18 News

http://i.imgur.com/Xes0C.jpg

A pet bird that's gone viral by dancing to popular music has hit a sour note with some of the family who raises it.

The cockatoo, named Larry Bird, after the favorite basketball player of father Gary Richie, can be seen on YouTube bobbing to and fro to such songs as 'Teach Me How To Dougie' by Cali Swag District and Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'. The videos have been picked up by the Comedy Central Show Tosh.O on their blog and will also appear on an upcoming Nickelodeon show, said Gary's daughter, Stacie Richie, the Eastern Kentucky University student who put her family pet online.

"He's always been dancing," Stacie Richie said.

Stacie said it started a few years ago when she was in her room dancing to music. She noticed Larry, who was on her computer chair, started to move as well.

"I never thought it would go viral like it has," Richie said. "He can do a leg kick if you look at the 'Dougie' video. He takes his leg and kicks it with the song."

While Stacie's parents are also a fan of Larry Bird's colorful personality, they tell LEX 18 they do not approve of the music he dances to in the YouTube videos because of their religious beliefs.

"We came to Christ, me and my wife did, back in 2010," Gary Richie said. "We don't support the beat. We don't support that demonic sound and the repetition."

Richie, who said he used to be a fan of "Led Zeppelin and music like that" now opposes secular music after he and his wife started following the Conservative Holiness movement.

"I used to love rock and then Jesus Christ came in my heart and took it completely away," Gary Richie said. "I absolutely don't want to have anything to do with secular music anymore."

Even with Larry Bird's newfound fame, what the family pet dances to is something that the Richie family has now agreed to disagree on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMj5vDGc_0