PDA

View Full Version : Britain's booziest breath-test: Mum was 5.4 times over the limit... and driving to get more alcohol

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
By Louie Smith - The Mirror

A woman driver who was a record five-and-a-half times the alcohol limit was spared jail.

Tracey Chambers, 35, downed at least two bottles of wine before getting behind the wheel.

She was arrested when a policeman saw her crash into a kerb and she told the officer she left her young child home alone so she could drive to buy more booze.

A breath test showed 188 micrograms per 100ml of breath – 5.4 times the legal limit of 35mcg.

It is thought to be the highest recorded reading for a British woman.

Kim Dalton, prosecuting, said: “She couldn’t remember exactly how much she’d drunk, possibly two bottles of wine.”

Chambers, of Upton, Northants, crashed in the early hours of April 13 and blew 147mcg in a second test later but refused a third.

She admitted failing to provide a specimen and Northampton magistrates gave her a 12-month probation supervision order with alcohol treatment and a three-year road ban.

Neil Clark, defending, said she turned to alcohol after losing her job.

She said later: “I will never be able to forgive myself but I left my child alone for no more than five minutes.”

The previous female record was 179mcg

redred
06-06-2012, 05:02 PM
wtf was she let off for

PorkChopSandwiches
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
wtf was she let off for

Because of this ;)

She said later: “I will never be able to forgive myself but I left my child alone for no more than five minutes.”

redred
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
bullshit ,jail time would of made her think harder and take the kid off her at the same time

PorkChopSandwiches
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
It was no more then 5 min....if she wasnt arrested :lol:

redred
06-06-2012, 06:03 PM
2 1/2 if she put her foot down

deebakes
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Well done :england: