PDA

View Full Version : No Triple Crown This Year: I'll Have Another scratched from Belmont Stakes

Teh One Who Knocks
06-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Fox News

http://i.imgur.com/dDjSg.jpg

The legend of Affirmed lives on.

I’ll Have Another — the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner — will not run in Saturday’s Belmont Stakes, trainer Doug O’Neill said Friday during an appearance on the “Dan Patrick Show.” O’Neill said the horse has a “little problem” in his left hind leg.

I'll Have Another was set to attempt to become the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. The horse was listed as the odds-on favorite at 4-5 in Wednesday's morning line.

Asked by Patrick if I'll Have Another had ran his last race, O'Neill replied: "If I had to wager ... yes."

The New York Racing Association will hold a 1 p.m. news conference to release additional information.

Triple Crowns have historically come in waves. While Affirmed was the last horse to win the vaunted Triple Crown, its historic run followed a similar feat the previous year by Seattle Slew. Secretariat pulled off horse racing's hat trick in 1973. There were four Triple Crown winners in the 1940s and three in the 1930s.

Godfather
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM
:( That's really too bad, I was rooting for the jockey who is a local BC boy. It was all just on the front page of the paper this morning, lot of people going to be disappointed.

Muddy
06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
This Sucks.. Local BC boy.. Thats funny GF..

Godfather
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry I should have clarified, Gutierrez was born in Mexico but started racing on the Hastings race tracks not far down the road from me and has been in Vancouver a long time! He's a local favorite and always on the sports radio show in town. Nice guy, really wanted to see him complete his dream

Muddy
06-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry I should have clarified, Gutierrez was born in Mexico but started racing on the Hastings race tracks not far down the road from me and has been in Vancouver a long time! He's a local favorite and always on the sports radio show in town. Nice guy, really wanted to see him complete his dream

He moved to Canada when he was 14.. I like him also though, and would gladly claim him as American if he lived here too.. :razz: :lol:

deebakes
06-09-2012, 12:59 AM
fuck...

Richard Cranium
06-09-2012, 01:02 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/291cqo0.jpg