PDA

View Full Version : Movies on the deck.

Griffin
06-09-2012, 03:32 AM
Projector with built in DVD player, 9' wide screen, popcorn machine and a cooler full of beer all enjoyed while sitting in cushy patio furniture on your own back deck.

...any body else do this?

Tonight was "The Fog".
Yeah the cheesy 80"s John Carpenter film with Adrienne Barbeau, but definitely imparts the drive-in motif.

Noilly Pratt
06-09-2012, 05:32 AM
No, I lack a projector - but good idea! Sounds like fun.

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Projector with built in DVD player, 9' wide screen, popcorn machine and a cooler full of beer all enjoyed while sitting in cushy patio furniture on your own back deck.

...any body else do this?

Tonight was "The Fog".
Yeah the cheesy 80"s John Carpenter film with Adrienne Barbeau, but definitely imparts the drive-in motif.

Never even thought about doing something like that. I'd get eaten alive by the bugs down where I'm at. However, The Fog is a great flick to do it to. Not cheesy at all... one of my favs. I love Carpenter's 80s stuff.

Muddy
06-09-2012, 11:36 AM
We were thinkingaboutdoing it at the river on the end of the dock..

Griffin
06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
No, I lack a projector - but good idea! Sounds like fun.

When I first got this idea about 4 yrs ago I researched projectors. I stumbled across this Ox Pro (http://www.bestavstore.com/oxproseries8.htm) for around $350 at the time. It's very compact and self contained (dvd player, speakers, even built in tv tuner which I haven't tried to use). I have hooked up my laptop to it to show vacation pics.
I made the screen out of chain link top rail, a drop cloth and bungy cords for less than 50 bucks.

When my grand daughter has sleepovers in her shipwreck (http://tehbasement.com/showthread.php?7400-So-my-Granddaughter-wanted-a-treehouse...) I'll set it up out there.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2012, 04:21 PM
That sounds great for summer. I'll have to check out a projector

redred
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I live in England outside anything is a no go

Hal-9000
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Yep, friend of mine had a Mac laptop and borrowed a similar projector from work. We hung a bedsheet across his front room window and watched movies that way. His sons were 5 and 6 at the time and they loved it :thumbsup: