PDA

View Full Version : Father beats man to death; sheriff says dad reacted to his daughter, 4, being sexually assaulted

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Jennifer Preyss - The Victoria Advocate

SHINER - A father caught a man molesting his 4-year-old daughter and beat him to death Saturday, the Lavaca County sheriff said.

Sheriff Micah Harmon said the death occurred about 3:45 p.m. in a residence along County Road 302 near Shiner.

The name of the deceased man, a 47-year-old from Gonzales, was not released because his relatives have not been notified, Harmon said. And authorities have not identified the girl nor her father. The Advocate's policy is to not print the names of sexual assault victims.

No arrests have yet been made in the case.

Harmon said the resident of the home caught the Gonzales man attempting to molest his daughter and attempted to stop him. In the process, Harmon said, the resident physically struck the Gonzales man in the head several times, killing him.

The girl was taken to DeTar Hospital Navarro in Victoria for an examination.

Harmon said the case remains under investigation. He said he did not know what charges, if any, would be filed.

The Gonzales man's body was taken to Travis County for an autopsy. He was declared dead at the scene by Alene Lyons, the justice of the peace, Precinct 4, in Lavaca County.

Southern Belle
06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I can't say I blame him.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
:tup:

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/anthony-birch1.jpg

Shady
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
This will be an interesting case to follow. I fully support the man's decision to beat the man assaulting his daughter but I'm curious as to whether the law see's him killing him as crossing the line ever so slightly. I hope they see it as protecting his home and family and leave him alone on it. If not he's got a lot of respect and credibility going into prison. Child molesters are normally separated from general population because the general population will normally beat them to death.

Southern Belle
06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Hopefully, if charged, a jury won't convict him.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Why was this 4 yo left alone anyway?

Acid Trip
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Why was this 4 yo left alone anyway?

And how did the random guy get inside?

Hal-9000
06-11-2012, 06:15 PM
death can happen quick...sometimes the story makes it seem like the event was an extending beating...

he could have popped the guy really hard once or twice and that's it

and yes, if I caught someone molesting my 4 yr old girl there wouldn't be much discussion either...

Noilly Pratt
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I fully understand this. In AS days you might remember I posted as story when my daughter was about 5. A mentally challenged girl (27) from the next cul-de-sac was playing with my daughter - I was always wary of this so I always kept a close eye when she was around. This girl started hugging my daughter. She got carried away, wouldn't stop, and my daughter started screaming.

I was only about 10' away, so I ran up to her and told her to let my daughter go...then when she didn't, I screamed in her face to let her go (I'm 6'2" and built like a football player so I'm quite imposing when I'm mad) and it was like I wasn't there.

I then looked at the agony etched in my daughter's face, and that was it, it was like a safety switch went off. I felt the adrenaline surge in me, and with 1 hand held my daughter and the other threw the girl off my daughter and she landed on the grass about 6' away. It scares me now to say it, but I would have done just about anything to stop her at that point.

Had she landed about 5' to the right, she would have hit the concrete retaining wall, and perhaps I'd be posting this from a prison cell...

Goofy
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
SHINER - A father caught a man molesting his 4-year-old daughter and beat him to death Saturday, the Lavaca County sheriff said.

The only line of the story i needed to read, fucker got what he deserved :thumbsup: The dad should be Knighted, not charged

Hal-9000
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I fully understand this. In AS days you might remember I posted as story when my daughter was about 5. A mentally challenged girl (27) from the next cul-de-sac was playing with my daughter - I was always wary of this so I always kept a close eye when she was around. This girl started hugging my daughter. She got carried away, wouldn't stop, and my daughter started screaming.

I was only about 10' away, so I ran up to her and told her to let my daughter go...then when she didn't, I screamed in her face to let her go (I'm 6'2" and built like a football player so I'm quite imposing when I'm mad) and it was like I wasn't there.

I then looked at the agony etched in my daughter's face, and that was it, it was like a safety switch went off. I felt the adrenaline surge in me, and with 1 hand held my daughter and the other threw the girl off my daughter and she landed on the grass about 6' away. It scares me now to say it, but I would have done just about anything to stop her at that point.

Had she landed about 5' to the right, she would have hit the concrete retaining wall, and perhaps I'd be posting this from a prison cell...

It was like the guy beating the girl in the park behind my house Noilly....except she was a total stranger. I told him to stop, he wouldn't and kept hitting her, right in front of me.
I saw red and didn't stop punching until he was slobbering on the ground. I can still hear the sound of her sobbing and crying as he belted her :(

KevinD
06-13-2012, 02:22 AM
The way I understand the laws here in Texas, the father has no worries whatsoever. As of today, he has not been charged with anything, nor does the DA wish to. The only way would be if national news spun the story so bad that the local DA caves and runs with it. They would have to prove that the father had intent to kill, and being as this happened not too far down US59 from me, there's no way. We all have guns. lol

PCS asked why the girl was alone. In the story I read (local newspaper, so take it for what it is) there was a family party BBQ. The girl went inside the house for some reason, the perp followed her in (unseen), and shortly thereafter, the father heard his daughter screaming. He ran in, found the daughter being raped (penetration) and proceded to hit the perp, while trying to pull him off daughter. Sometime during this, he hit the perp in the temple, and back of head so hard that the perp died.

Notice I keep saying perp. I could have used criminal or any number of other terms. Perp is nice and short, easy to type, and, unlike the local news, I don't consider the guy that died to be a victim. The victim here is the 4yo girl.

RBP
06-13-2012, 03:49 AM
I don't consider the guy that died to be a victim. The victim here is the 4yo girl.

Assuming the rape checks out.

KevinD
06-13-2012, 03:55 AM
The article I read (hard copy, so no links) stated that the child was taken to local hospital, and examined, and there was evidence of vaginal penetration.

deebakes
06-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Assuming the rape checks out.

are you arguing that she initiated the contact and was raping him? :-k

man, you really are for tagging all females as sex craved lunatics...

RBP
06-13-2012, 04:03 AM
The article I read (hard copy, so no links) stated that the child was taken to local hospital, and examined, and there was evidence of vaginal penetration.

Ah, ok.

are you arguing that she initiated the contact and was raping him? :-k

man, you really are for tagging all females as sex craved lunatics...

:facepalm:

:slap:

KevinD
06-13-2012, 04:08 AM
On a lighter note, Shiner is the home of some fine Texas German style beers....Great stuff!

RBP
06-13-2012, 05:03 AM
So let's have a beer and celebrate a death.

Muddy
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM

Lol

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM

One less POS in the world and it won't cost the taxpayers a dime? I'll definitely drink to that.

redred
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
i'll join in with that drink

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Here Here, one less dickhead in the world. I'll buy the first round

Hal-9000
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
The way I understand the laws here in Texas, the father has no worries whatsoever. As of today, he has not been charged with anything, nor does the DA wish to. The only way would be if national news spun the story so bad that the local DA caves and runs with it. They would have to prove that the father had intent to kill, and being as this happened not too far down US59 from me, there's no way. We all have guns. lol

PCS asked why the girl was alone. In the story I read (local newspaper, so take it for what it is) there was a family party BBQ. The girl went inside the house for some reason, the perp followed her in (unseen), and shortly thereafter, the father heard his daughter screaming. He ran in, found the daughter being raped (penetration) and proceded to hit the perp, while trying to pull him off daughter. Sometime during this, he hit the perp in the temple, and back of head so hard that the perp died.

Notice I keep saying perp. I could have used criminal or any number of other terms. Perp is nice and short, easy to type, and, unlike the local news, I don't consider the guy that died to be a victim. The victim here is the 4yo girl.

My brother's daughter (my niece) was molested in a hotel elevator in Disneyland. My bro flew down the night he found out. The police already had an officer and a psychologist waiting, specifically for my brother. They made it clear that he was not to try finding the guy or try to approach him physically in any manner, should they find out who the perp was.

Then my bro found out that they already had a security photo of the guy, from a past offense in the same hotel. Brother asked why the picture wasn't up in the lobby warning other parents? Response - It would be bad for business. :|

They made it quite clear to him he was not to try and find the guy.

KevinD
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
My brother's daughter (my niece) was molested in a hotel elevator in Disneyland. My bro flew down the night he found out. The police already had an officer and a psychologist waiting, specifically for my brother. They made it clear that he was not to try finding the guy or try to approach him physically in any manner, should they find out who the perp was.

Then my bro found out that they already had a security photo of the guy, from a past offense in the same hotel. Brother asked why the picture wasn't up in the lobby warning other parents? Response - It would be bad for business. :|

They made it quite clear to him he was not to try and find the guy.

As a father of two girls, I can completely understand the thoughts here by your Bro. And sad to say, what the cops told him at that time is legally correct. In the OP situation, the father walked in on the rape in progress. Different situation, different rules.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Grand jury believes father was authorized to use deadly force to protect daughter
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/P032u.jpg
The Texas father who allegedly beat his daughter’s molester to death on the family’s ranch will not face charges.

A young Texas father who beat to death with his fists a man molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged, authorities said Tuesday as they released a dramatic 911 tape of the dad frantically pleading for help before the hired ranch helper died.

A Lavaca County grand jury Tuesday declined to indict the 23-year-old father in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47. Prosecutors said the grand jury reached same conclusion as police after reviewing the evidence: The father was authorized to use deadly force to protect his daughter.

Flores was killed June 9 on a family ranch so remote that the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn't locate the property.

"Come on! This guy is going to die on me!" the father yells. "I don't know what to do!"

The Associated Press is not identifying the father in order to protect the daughter's identity. The AP does not identify victims of sexual assault.

The tense, nearly five-minute 911 call begins with the father saying that he "beat up" a man found raping his daughter. The father grows increasingly frazzled, cursing and crying into the phone so loudly at times that the call often becomes inaudible.

At one point tells the dispatcher he's going to put the man in his truck and drive him to a hospital before sheriff's deputies finally arrive.

"He's going to die!" the father screams. "He's going to (expletive) die!"

V'Anne Huser, the father's attorney, sternly told reporters several times during a news conference at the Lavaca County courthouse that neither the father nor the family will ever give interviews.

"He's a peaceable soul," Huser said. "He had no intention to kill anybody that day."

The attack happened on the family's ranch off a quiet, two-lane county road between the farming towns of Shiner and Yoakum. Authorities say a witness saw Flores "forcibly carrying" the girl into a secluded area and then scrambled to find the father. Running toward his daughter's screams, investigators said, the father pulled Flores off his child and "inflicted several blows to the man's head and neck area."

Emergency crews found Flores' pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body by the time they responded to the 911 call. The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Although the father was never arrested, the killing was investigated as a homicide. Huser, the Lavaca County sheriff and the district attorney did not take questions during the news conference.

"The grand jury was not about to indict this father for protecting his daughter," he said.

Authorities said the family had hired Flores before to help with horses on the ranch. He was not born in the U.S. but was here legally with a green card.

On Tuesday, a new "No Trespassing" sign was freshly tacked onto a gate barring entrance down a gravelly, shrub-canopied path leading to the barn and chicken coop on the ranch. Authorities say the attack happened near the barn.

Across the street, neighbor Michael James Veit, 48, described the father as easygoing and polite — down to always first asking permission to search his property for animals that had wandered off the ranch, even though the families have long known each other.

"They won't find a jury pool here that will convict him," Veit said.

No one answered at the father's home. The front yard could pass for a children's playground: blue pinwheels sunk into patchy grass, an above-ground swimming pool, a swing set, a trampoline and a couple of ropes dangling from a tree for swinging. A partial privacy fence is painted powder blue.

A few miles away, at a home listed as belonging to the father's sister, a woman shouted through the front door that the family had nothing to say.

Veit's son was a classmate of the father's at Shiner High School in a graduating class of about two dozen. Veit said the young father was never known to be in trouble.

"Just like a regular kid, went to dances, drank beer like the rest of the kids around here," Veit said. "Never been in trouble. Never, ever. You know, I think justice is served. It's sad a man had to die, but I think anybody would have done that."

A public records search did not turn up anything for Flores.

Shiner, a town of about 2,000 people about 80 miles west of San Antonio, revolves around the Spoetzl Brewery that makes Shiner, one of the nation's best-selling independent beers. Even gas stations here sell it on tap.

Flores' death is only the sixth homicide the sheriff's department has investigated in the last eight years, and half of those killings involved one triple-murder. Shiner residents boast their squeaky-clean image on a highway welcome sign: "The Cleanest Little City in Texas."

At Werner's Restaurant, customer Gail Allen said she didn't want to speak for all of Shiner, though her comments might as well have.

"The father has gone through enough," said Allen, 59, who has nine grandchildren. "The little girl is going to be traumatized for life, and the father, too, for what happened. He was protecting his family. Any parent would do that."

Acid Trip
06-20-2012, 06:58 PM
I Porky posted again. Shame on me.

Hal-9000
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
As a father of two girls, I can completely understand the thoughts here by your Bro. And sad to say, what the cops told him at that time is legally correct. In the OP situation, the father walked in on the rape in progress. Different situation, different rules.

You wanna know what was going on in my head at the time? I had just got a line of credit and bought a new car. I was having some serious problems at work. My plan was to take an unpaid sabbatical from work, drive down there and get a room in a nearby motel. Then I was prepared to get a copy of the security photo and walk through that hotel every day for weeks.I'm very patient and creative when it comes to life's most serious things....I was close to going through with it until a random phone call from my sister stopped me.