PDA

View Full Version : KFC's gut-busting fatty-boomba burger hits Australia

lost in melb.
03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
KFC's gut-busting fatty-boomba burger hits Australia

http://l.yimg.com/ao/double_down_630.jpg

Despite Australia's struggle with an ongoing obesity problem, KFC have brought their latest fat-laden creation Down Under.

Experts have described the calorie-filled burger as "horrifying", according to the Daily Telegraph.

But you might be left scratching your head as to where the buns are.

The burger replaces the bread with two chicken fillets, has two bacon rashers and two slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese.

The Double Down will cost you about 540 calories and has 32 grams of fat, according to KFC.
Gallery: The world's worst fast foods

World's worst fast foods

But controversy was stirred up last year when the burger was released in the US, with some media outlets suggesting the calorie count could be around double that.

KFC has vigorously denied the claim. Would you try a Double Down burger? Tell us below.

See KFC's calorie breakdown at the bottom of the article.

Described as an "occassional ManTime meal", the burger has been squarely aimed at young men - a strategy that has worked in the US and Canada where over 15 million of the gut-busting treats have been sold in the last year.

For leading nutritionist Dr Rosemary Stanton, the Double Down is an unnecessary burden on a society already struggling with an obesity epidemic.

"Two-thirds of men and more than half of women are overweight. We don't need more of these sorts of things. It's horrifying," Dr Stanton told News Ltd.

It would take at least an hour of intensive exercise to burn off the burger.

The burger is available in Queensland from today, and nationally from tomorrow for four weeks, and six weeks in Tasmania.

The calorie breakdown of a KFC Double Down burger:
Sliced bacon (7.4 g) = 39.88 calories
2 Original Recipe fillets (192 g) = 335.62 calories
Colonel's Special Sauce (0.5 oz.) = 73.67 calories
1 slice pepper Jack cheese (14 g) = 48.54 calories
1 slice Monterey Jack cheese (13 g) = 45.83 calories
Total: 543.54 calories
Rounded Label Data: 241 g = 540 calories

__________________________________________________ ______

Thanks Yankee :wave: :2cents:

FBD
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
it aint as bad as a big fish from BK :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks Yankee :wave: :2cents:

:-s

Don't like it, don't eat it, pretty simple really.

I've tried one and they are fucking delicious....but would I have one every day? Of course not, but they make one hell of a good treat occasionally.

lost in melb.
03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
:-s

Don't like it, don't eat it, pretty simple really.

I've tried one and they are fucking delicious....but would I have one every day? Of course not, but they make one hell of a good treat occasionally.

But some people can't help themselves, Lance. This would be a really bad idea for some people to eat. In fact they tried to ban it on health grounds ( unsuccessfully)

Does look tasty, though agreed. I'd take a bite or two...:razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Just because some people have no self-control (or common sense), you can't hold a company liable or ban something "just because".

Binky
03-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Mmmmm.... bet it's delicious with ranch

Godfather
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
This thing is insanely high in sodium (more than the daily intake), but in terms of fat and calories it's about on par with the Big Mac and Whopper

Realistically, nobody should be eating them ever... but to think that this is the most unhealthy thing in the Fast Food world is silly. It's a disgusting concept so people blow it out of proportion by posting the nutritional information standing alone. But it's important to note that if you added extra cheese or bacon to a Big Mac, you'd be looking at a more unhealthy meal easily.

I wouldn't eat it because I just don't care much for fried chicken/KFC. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a couple Big Mac's a year so I'm no saint...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't eat it because I just don't care much for fried chicken

:shock:

Damn hippies :x

Godfather
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM
:lol: I'm a beef man :P

FBD
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd pass based on the salt alone. I eat very little salt, and when I have something salty I can feel it in my joints pretty blatantly. 98% of my salt usage is probably in the bath :dance:

RBP
03-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Ohhhh I hope they introduce that here, you Aussie's think of everything. 8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Realistically, nobody should be eating them ever... but to think that this is the most unhealthy thing in the Fast Food world is silly. It's a disgusting concept so people blow it out of proportion by posting the nutritional information standing alone. But it's important to note that if you added extra cheese or bacon to a Big Mac, you'd be looking at a more unhealthy meal easily.

Exactly....for instance, take a double Whopper with cheese...

http://i.imgur.com/ebCFg.jpg

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Are you kidding??

I'd eat 3 of those bad boys and dip em in bacon grease :dance:

No buns = not filling

RBP
03-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Mmmmm double whopper. :homer:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Are you kidding??

No buns = not filling

They taste INCREDIBLE

Godfather
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Are you kidding??

No buns = not filling

Exactly how fast is your metabolism :lol:

RBP
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
They taste INCREDIBLE

ok, now I have to try one.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
ok, now I have to try one.

It's well worth it :tup:

I tried it with the potato wedges and drink value meal :)

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Exactly how fast is your metabolism :lol:

I found out last year (after going thru a pretty severe stomach problem) that flour and processed sugars are very difficult to break down in your body.
So remove the bun and I'll have two please :lol:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
It's well worth it :tup:

I tried it with the potato wedges and drink value meal :)

diet coke? :)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
diet coke? :)

I can't stand diet soda :hand:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I can't stand diet soda :hand:

We had the stereotype at work...a large girl who I swear, would always make a big deal about her having a diet pepsi with lunch.
Her lunch was around 18000 calories easy.Without embellishment this girl's cereal bowl was so large you could fit both Snooki and Hayden Panettiere
in it with room for milk :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I see this on the day I decide to start to restrict my caloric intake. Figures.

:no:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Easy...mix one part Double Down with two parts Ex-lax :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
We had the stereotype at work...a large girl who I swear, would always make a big deal about her having a diet pepsi with lunch.
Her lunch was around 18000 calories easy.Without embellishment this girl's cereal bowl was so large you could fit both Snooki and Hayden Panettiere
in it with room for milk :thumbsup:

Yeah, people like that just crack me up :lol:

I'll stop after work and have one for you :tup:

FBD
03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I found out last year (after going thru a pretty severe stomach problem) that flour and processed sugars are very difficult to break down in your body.
So remove the bun and I'll have two please :lol:

Yup!

and after a while if you start leaning down your intestines, you discover how utterly fking HEAVY beef actually is as compared to chicken or seafood. Pork's right there with it in terms of heaviness but beef appears to be a little better for you.

Its part of how I came to the conclusion that we're really not configured to digest meat from animals significantly larger than we are. Of course it can be done and its pretty damn tasty, but still...

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I went down on a girl significantly larger than me, does that count? :oops:

FBD
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
:hand: we dont want to hear about you digesting meat :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
it was a taste-test only :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Its part of how I came to the conclusion that we're really not configured to digest meat from animals significantly larger than we are. Of course it can be done and its pretty damn tasty, but still...

:ghey:

http://i.imgur.com/YjrQs.jpg

Loser
03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
I went down on a girl significantly larger than me, does that count? :oops:

Define significantly....:huh:

Hal-9000
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Define significantly....:huh:

Well I'm going at about 212 lbs now..I'm about 22 lbs over my prime fighting weight.

She was easily a heavyweight: unrestricted class

Hugh_Janus
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
oh man.... my heart skipped like 3 beats when I saw that pic....just thinking about all the grease in that is making me feel queasy

AntZ
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
But some people can't help themselves, Lance. This would be a really bad idea for some people to eat. In fact they tried to ban it on health grounds ( unsuccessfully)

Before this horror came out, how was yours and all the other people's concerned, campaign to ban beer and alcohol? It's also really bad for you, and history has shown what alcoholism does to a society! :-k

Hugh_Janus
03-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Before this horror came out, how was yours and all the other people's concerned, campaign to ban beer and alcohol? It's also really bad for you, and history has shown what alcoholism does to a society! :-k

difference is, alcohol is taxed to shit, so will never get banned

KevinD
03-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, alcohol did get banned once in the states, didn't it? I saw an article about the KC burger in the local paper here in OZ. It was actually pretty funny how much they were carrying on about it when there are so many other things that are actually bad for you. he've been out for a bit in the states, but I've never tried one.

Hal-9000
03-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I've cooked worse at home on a late Saturday night :lol:

KevinD
03-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Yep. I'm pretty sure my homemade potato and cheese soup has more calories and fat then this KFC burger.

Hal-9000
03-30-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd say 2 slices of a good, greasy, cheesy pizza pie would equate to the calories and cholesterol implications of the Double Down

Noilly Pratt
03-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Or, from what I remember the average English breakfast. Eggs. Bacon, Sausage, toast, beans etc....I can only handle cereal for brekkie?

DemonGeminiX
03-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Well, alcohol did get banned once in the states, didn't it?

And that didn't go over too well, either. :lol:

lost in melb.
03-30-2011, 03:07 AM

Yeah it does, particularly the binge drinking amongst adolescent, would you believe, girls. I don't recall trying to ban alchohol, but they recently put a massive tax on alco-pops, but of course, it was just a tax grab as much as trying to help kids out. All they probably do now is buy straight spirits and mix.

Just because some people have no self-control (or common sense), you can't hold a company liable or ban something "just because".

I would say that the medical system tries to ban this stuff as much for its own monetary gain as care for the people that it serves. Being a public system, people who binge on fast foods end up on the trolley and cost a pretty penny to all...what they should do is subsidize healthy food so the poor out in our western suburbs have an alternative to eating this stuff on a daily basis. Once in a while is fine (yum) but as your daily fare it's killer.

Yep. I'm pretty sure my homemade potato and cheese soup has more calories and fat then this KFC burger.

...and yep, particularly as it's not as unhealthy as it looks. Not many carbs - mostly protein and a bit of fat.

lost in melb.
03-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Or, from what I remember the average English breakfast. Eggs. Bacon, Sausage, toast, beans etc....I can only handle cereal for brekkie?

My breakfast is an enormous bowl of hot milk with cocoa, and cardamom. Perhaps one slice of toast.