PDA

View Full Version : Texas man charged with assault in argument over sparing cockroach's life

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2012, 10:58 AM
NewsCore

FRIENDSWOOD, Texas -

A Texas man's sympathy for a cockroach has him facing an assault charge.

Zachary Paul Thornhill, 23, got into a dispute over his refusal to kill the roach Thursday at his home in Friendswood, Texas, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

Instead, he "became enraged and is accused of kicking his stepfather and throwing objects at him," according to a police blotter.

He also allegedly hit his mother across the back and broke a window at the home.

minz
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
So he's happy to pysically abuse his parents but he can't harm a bug. :? Freak! :meh:

deebakes
06-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Poor Kevin :(

Griffin
06-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Came home from my grand daughters ball game this evening and walked my orchard. Found a black snake entangled in the bird netting covering the grapes. I carefully cut away as much net as possible and moved him to the woods. I hope it survives.
Had I stumbled across a snake while hunting and had the shit scared out of me, I would probably have shot it. However since the poor creature was accidentally snared in a trap I inadvertently set, I felt I should help it.
I'm taking down the netting and from here out if nature gets more from my labors than me, oh well.