PDA

View Full Version : Bestiality accuser wrote love note to boyfriend

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
By BEVERLEY WARE - South Shore Bureau

BRIDGEWATER — A woman who claims her boyfriend forced to her to commit bestiality wrote him a love note three days before going to police to retract her earlier denial of the events.

The love note was brought up Tuesday while she was on the stand at her ex-boyfriend’s Nova Scotia Supreme Court trial on nine charges including two counts of compelling her to have sex with his dog, sexually assaulting her and two counts of assaulting her with a knife.

The crimes are alleged to have occurred between Nov. 1, 2008, and Aug. 11, 2010.

The 38-year-old woman initially gave a videotaped statement to police alleging the bestiality, assaults and threats but recanted them in a letter she gave to legal aid defence lawyer Barry Whynot on Feb. 16, 2011.

On March 15, 2011, in one of nine emails exhanged between them that day, the court was told the woman wished her former boyfriend sweet dreams, said she’d be dreaming of him and attached a series of emoticons including a kiss, a hug, a heart, a wink and lips.

Three days later, the woman told the RCMP that her original statement was true and that her ex-boyfriend forced her to recant her original allegations.

Another email indicated she learned her former boyfriend had a new girlfriend on March 14, which prompted Whynot to suggest the woman was seeking revenge when she went back to the RCMP.

“It has nothing to do with his girlfriend,” the woman replied. “I called to say it was true, it did happen, because I knew it was the right thing to do. It bothered me to lie about it because I knew what he had done.”

She agreed the emails were joking and casual.

The woman also testified that she thought they were getting back together because he had been nicer to her since they had broken up. But then, she said, she realized he was acting that way to get her to recant the allegations against him.

She described the 39-year-old as a controlling man with an explosive temper who constantly questioned what she was doing and wouldn’t even let her go to the bathroom alone at night.

One time she got so confused by his incessant questioning that she curled up in a ball on the floor and “all I could do was rock back and forth,” the woman testified.

Even though he controlled every aspect of her life and she was scared of him, the woman said, “I thought I loved him and I still wanted him back.”

She admitted she suffers from depression and anxiety, was a prescription drug addict, that her ex-boyfriend regularly smoked marijuana with her and introduced her to cocaine.

The man’s sister-in-law, however, described him as a “goody-goody” who didn’t use drugs except for the one time he smoked cocaine with her, his brother and the alleged victim.

The alleged victim was a heavy prescription drug user who frequently fell asleep on the couch, could not carry on conversations or understand basic questions, the sister-in-law said.

She described the alleged victim as “head-over-heels” for her brother-in-law, said she frequently proclaimed him to be “the perfect man” and that she “couldn’t imagine life without him.”

The trial is being held in Bridgewater. It resumes on June 25 when the accused will take the stand.

RBP
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Arf!

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2012, 04:07 PM
what a bitch

Hal-9000
06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Lassie! Get Timmy out of the well!

deebakes
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
:doggybanana: