PDA

View Full Version : Teacher tells students to cut and burn themselves to rid demons

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Written by Charles Billi - WTSP-TV Channel 10

http://i.imgur.com/CIsDn.jpg

St. Petersburg, Florida -- In what St. Petersburg police are calling a weird religious ritual, they have arrested 35-year old Danielle Harkins for encouraging several teenagers to cut and burn themselves.

The cutting was said to release evil spirits from their body, and the cauterizing of the wounds with fire was to prevent the spirits from getting back in.

The event happened close to the St. petersburg Pier downtown.

Police say only two of the teenagers were actually cut.

According to authorities, she caused second-degree burns in an attempt to "brand" one of the students' hands with a cigarette lighter. Because of windy conditions next to the pier, the flame wouldn't stay, so she poured perfume on the wound and set it on fire.

Harkins was arrested after one of the teenagers told his friend about the incident.

The friend told the victim's father, who in turn, called police.

Harkins was a literacy skills teacher at Lealman Asian Neighborhood Family Center in St. Petersburg, and worked there for four-and-a-half years.

She had formed close bonds with several students at the center and it was revealed that two of the students that joined her for this ritual were previous members of the center.

Harkins was going through a difficult time, including a divorce, and she recently discovered religion.

The center's executive director Carolyn Chance had no idea that Harkins was planning this meeting.

She was arrested and charged with encouraging bodily harm and bond was set $55,000.

She has been relieved of duties at the center pending investigation.

Muddy
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
:hitit:

Hal-9000
06-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Polish guy I worked with was a hardcore Christian fundamentalist. He preached on a volunteer basis every Thursday night at a prison near our city....

he used to tell us that demons could enter and exit through your mouth, so how you spoke was very important..

I expect to see him in a story like this soon.

DemonGeminiX
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
They'll never be rid of me.

:demon: