PDA

View Full Version : Woman claims Southwest wouldn't let her board plane because of her cleavage: report

Teh One Who Knocks
06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Man with condom on his shirt didn't have a problem, female flyer fumes
By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/rV0Wz.jpg

Southwest Airlines was forced to apologize to a woman who was told she couldn't board her flight because her cleavage was "inappropriate."

Jezebel reports that the woman, Avital — she only gave her first name — was boarding a 6 a.m. flight from Las Vegas to New York on June 5 when a ticket agent remarked that she couldn't fly unless she covered her breasts.

Clad in a comfy cotton dress, a baggy flannel shirt and bright scarf, Avital ignored the warning and marched aboard anyway.

"I didn't want to let the representative's Big Feelings about my breasts change the way I intended to board my flight," she told Jezebel.

"And lo and behold, the plane didn't fall out of the sky... my cleavage did not interfere with the plane's ability to function properly."

Avital slammed the Southwest for "slut shaming," and said a man on her flight had on a provocative piece of clothing, but wasn't hassled.

"The guy sitting in front of me on the plane was wearing a shirt with an actual Trojan condom embedded behind a clear plastic applique and had no trouble getting on his flight," she said.

http://i.imgur.com/Ohf9t.jpg

A Southwest spokesperson told Jezebel that the airline apologized to Avital for the flap and offered her a refund.

Company policy allows agents to turn away passengers they feel are dressed inappropriately, the spokesperson said.

Southwest has a history with rubbing plus-sized passengers the wrong way.

Last month, New Orleans political strategist and weightloss blogger Kenlie Tiggerman sued the airline after she claimed a ticket agent told her to buy a second seat because she was too fat to fit into one.

Hal-9000
06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
"And lo and behold, the plane didn't fall out of the sky..."

:thumbsup:

Hugh_Janus
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if I'm pleased there was a pic.... :-k

Acid Trip
06-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Solid dress + multi-colored rope belt thingy + flannel coverall? That breaks all the fashion rules.

Access to plane denied due to stupidity and lack of fashion sense!

deebakes
06-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Doesnt seem like enough cleavage tbh :shrug: