PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor

Acid Trip
06-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Those sad excuses for human beings in the TSA are at it again.

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man's attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor.

John Gross, a resident of Indianapolis' south side, was leaving Florida with the remains of his grandfather -- Mario Mark Marcaletti, a Sicilian immigrant who worked for the Penn Central Railroad in central Indiana -- in a tightly sealed jar marked "Human Remains."

Gross said he didn't think he'd have a problem, until he ran into a TSA agent at the Orlando airport.

"They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes,'" Gross told RTV6's Norman Cox. "She picked up the jar. She opened it up.

"I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it."

Gross says about a quarter to a third of the contents spilled on the floor, leaving him frantically trying to gather up as much as he could while anxious passengers waited behind him.

"She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me."

TSA rules say a crematory container in carry-on baggage must pass through the X-ray machine at the security checkpoint.

But the agency's own website says human remains are to be opened under, “no circumstances.”

"I want an apology,” said Gross. “I want an apology from TSA. I want an apology from the lady who opened the jar and laughed at me. I want them to help me understand where they get off treating people like this."

dragon_hunter
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Yay for TSA, those fucking idiots

Teh One Who Knocks
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
It's because they are underpaid :hand:

dragon_hunter
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Its because they have the intelligence of a mcdonalds worker and try to justify their job

DemonGeminiX
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure a McDonald's employee is a tad smarter.

:-k

dragon_hunter
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Ok then walmart worker

FBD
06-26-2012, 04:43 PM
we all know its plain as day, the reason: the federal workforce has just about zero accountability. we can fix a lot of our problems by getting rid of as much of it as possible.

Hal-9000
06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
"She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments."

brutal

Richard Cranium
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Wait till Mr. Janet Napolotono gives them all guns..

deebakes
06-27-2012, 12:02 AM
"She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments."

brutal

i call :bs:

"Contrary to popular belief, the cremated remains are not ashes in the usual sense. After the incineration is completed, the dry bone fragments are swept out of the retort and pulverised by a machine called a cremulator to process them into "ashes" or "cremated remains", although pulverisation may also be performed by hand. This leaves the bone with a fine sand like texture and color, able to be scattered without need for mixing with any foreign matter, though the size of the grain varies depending on the cremulator used. Their weight is approximately 4 pounds (1.8 kg) for adult human females and 6 pounds (2.7 kg) for adult human males. There are various types of cremulators, including rotating devices, grinders, and older models using heavy metal balls. The grinding process typically takes about 20 minutes."