PDA

View Full Version : Waitress sues bar after she was forced to wear a schoolgirl uniform with a FAN blowing up her skirt

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2012, 10:55 AM
By Daily Mail Reporter

Courtney Scaramella, 23, a former waitress at a California sportsbar, says she was fired after she refused to slip into a revealing skirt while slinging beers.

Ms Scaramella said that the outfit was indecent, made her job difficult to perform, and that it objectified her and her coworkers.

She now wants unspecified damages from O'Hara's in Westwood, but the bar fired back and said she was never unfairly terminated, she quit.

http://i.imgur.com/E6xyF.png

Ms Scaramella said that she worked at the bar without incident for four years as a happy employee.

Then, new managers took over and replaced her black slacks and blouse uniform with a skimpy plaid skirt.

'It wasn't fair to me, it wasn't fair to the other girls who were working there,' she said to KTLA. 'Everyone was offended by it. Nobody wanted to do it, but unfortunately, jobs are hard to come by right now and some people were stuck.'

Ms Scaramella said she tried the skirts on for a few days, but wasn't comfortable working in them. She was vocal about her disappointment and sent the new owners a letter that detailed her problems with the outfit.

In response to her note, the skirts were dropped, but Ms Scaramella's hours were drastically reduced and her shifts were changed to less desirable ones, she says.

Three days later, she says she was fired.

'They just can’t treat people like this,' said Ms Scaramella to CBS. 'What’s right is right and this was not fair.'

Her and her attorney filed a formal lawsuit against the bar on May 24, demanding unspecified damages for sexual harassment, wrongful termination and unpaid wages.

The skirt, she said, was just the tip of the iceberg.

In addition to wearing 'embarrassing' attire, cocktail waitresses were asked to rate female customers on a scale of 1 - 10 and offer free shots to those women that scored a 6 or higher.

The worst offense, however, was that the managers placed a fan below the registers that blew up the mini-skirts the cocktail waitresses were forced to wear.

'She was not fired, she quit,' said the bar's attorney Roger H. Licht to CBS. 'They plan on fighting this all the way to the end to prove that the claims are baseless.'

FBD
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
idiot. when you have the upper hand, you make them fire you, then they're liable. charge this idiot with tort costs for filing a frivolous lawsuit. you want to file a proper one and try to claim harassment or something then you might have a case, but you cant complain about firing when you quit. stoopit!

redred
06-28-2012, 11:01 AM
i'd like a fan blowing to keep my balls cool

minz
06-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Constructive dismissal?

minz
06-28-2012, 12:02 PM
If it's in her contract there is nothing she can do about it, if it's not then it's constructive dismissal, or that's how it works over here.

dragon_hunter
06-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Maybe she wants to work for Tilted Kilt now :-k

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I bet the hotter waittresses had absolutely no problem wearing that.

[-(

Acid Trip
06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
If you don't like the uniform work somewhere else. You'd think by her reaction that waitress jobs were hard to find or something.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
I work at hooters and they make me wear tiny shirts flaunting my tits :cry:

dragon_hunter
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Pics or GTFO

PorkChopSandwiches
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hf25u.jpg

dragon_hunter
06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hf25u.jpg