PDA

View Full Version : Cops Called As Gunmen Spy On Katie Holmes In New Home

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2012, 02:46 PM
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/kl01W.jpg

Authorities were summoned to Katie Holmes' apartment building in Chelsea, New York on Friday after the actress reportedly told a neighbor she's worried she's being stalked.

The incident -- first reported by the New York Post -- happened on the same day that news broke that Holmes had filed for divorce from Tom Cruise after five years of marriage and was seeking primary custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri.

Sources told the Post one of Holmes’ neighbors called the police; since the actress didn’t file a complaint herself, police did not take any action.

On Sunday, five imposing men -- at least two, carrying firearms, The Post reported -- sat in a white Cadillac Escalade (with Tennessee license plates) outside the 7th Avenue apartment, taking pictures and interrogating people outside the building. (Tom remains in Iceland, where he's shooting the film Oblivion.)

Police, after receiving reports of “suspicious activity in a white Escalade,” asked the men what they were doing there, but did not get any substantive answers. A reporter for the New York Daily News tried to interview the men, but they refused to roll down their windows to speak.

An insider told the Post the church might play a prominent role in why Katie filed for divorce from the film star after after just five years.

“Katie saw all the pressure -- [Scientologists] are professionals at pressuring people to be quiet," the pal said. "That’s why she did this in secret. Suri is at the age where they are going to start educating her in Scientology centers and indoctrinating her into the religion. Katie did convert when she and Tom were married, but she didn’t take to it. Behind closed doors, and when the private planes and the red carpets were gone, she didn’t like it.

"And she decided she does not want that for Suri.”

Reps for Cruise, Holmes and the Church of Scientology have denied any connection to the men.

“There is no truth whatsoever … that the Church of Scientology has sent anyone to follow or surveil Katie Holmes,” Church of Scientology lawyer Gary Soter said in a statement.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
:rip:

Shady
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I didn't realize that Scientology was that kind of cult.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
You didnt? They have been accused of murder in the past.

Shady
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
:hand: They may have lit the crack pipe but Whitney inhaled.

Hal-9000
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I didn't realize that Scientology was that kind of cult.

there's a lot of money involved too, in a sort of pyramid scheme framework for higher level members...

deebakes
07-03-2012, 03:23 AM
when are the nudie pics coming out? :drool:

Godfather
07-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Wow I mean... you think you know what the cult of Scientology is... but when it's actually proven it's that much more surprising and startling. Honestly, she's brave for leaving isn't she...

Can the FBI or CIA or NSA take these fuckers down or is it too big for that?

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Can the FBI or CIA or NSA take these fuckers down or is it too big for that?

On what charge? There's nothing anyone can actually accuse them of and present hard evidence that supports the accusation under US law. I'm sure that somewhere down the road that'll change, but right now... nope.

Muddy
07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Scientology man.. wtf? We should have the govt. investigate that crap if they are doing shit like this..

Arkady Renko
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
On what charge? There's nothing anyone can actually accuse them of and present hard evidence that supports the accusation under US law. I'm sure that somewhere down the road that'll change, but right now... nope.

Scientology man.. wtf? We should have the govt. investigate that crap if they are doing shit like this..

they're very clever about their ugly business. They usually set it up in a way that the organization can deny involvement when their henchmen get caught. They took quite a few pages out of the italian mob's book. And since they usually shun away from brutal obvious physical violence, they're a lot harder to nail down than "traditional" organized crime. Besides, they're excellent at lobby work. When several german states pondered banning the cult several years ago, there was a huge uproar in US media most of it in the vein of "germany targets scientology in prelude to next holocaust". Unsurprisingly, the thing got buried due to lack of evidence and technicalities, har-dy-har-har.

beowulf
07-04-2012, 08:40 PM
so she needs to tweet something along the lines of 'im so scared for my daughter, cant leave the house, scarey men in car outside and i live in xxxxx'

would go viral in minutes

you would have hundreds of fans rushing to 'help'

these twats would either be riddled in a driveby, strung up from the nearest lamp post or in police protection for thier own safety

scientology?......fuck em......another cooky make believe religeon

Godfather
07-05-2012, 01:52 AM

They can cook some shit up can't they. Some blackmail, some extortion, toss in a little coercion :lol:

minz
07-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Surely with her being so high profile they would be stupid to try anything?

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2012, 03:42 AM
They can cook some shit up can't they. Some blackmail, some extortion, toss in a little coercion :lol:

I dunno. My guess is that with the current state of technology and meticulous documentation, how "the eye" is always on everyone and everything, probably not. It's not like we're talking about the CIA making one person disappear back in the 60s. We're talking about a whole organization that has operations worldwide. And in this day and age when everyone sees everything. News is spread around the world in under a second. It baffles me that the US government tries to get away with what they try to get away with these days. But then again, we kind of are lethargic.

Surely with her being so high profile they would be stupid to try anything?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people. I refer you back to Arkady's post:

they're very clever about their ugly business. They usually set it up in a way that the organization can deny involvement when their henchmen get caught. They took quite a few pages out of the italian mob's book. And since they usually shun away from brutal obvious physical violence, they're a lot harder to nail down than "traditional" organized crime. Besides, they're excellent at lobby work. When several german states pondered banning the cult several years ago, there was a huge uproar in US media most of it in the vein of "germany targets scientology in prelude to next holocaust". Unsurprisingly, the thing got buried due to lack of evidence and technicalities, har-dy-har-har.

And a quotation that I feel is relevant:

If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.