PDA

View Full Version : Mother of the Year Candidate: Mother arrested for allegedly giving young son beer

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2012, 10:47 AM
by Andrew Michalscheck - The Arizona Republic

http://i.imgur.com/FhTzE.jpg

PHOENIX -- Phoenix Police arrested a woman on Tuesday evening after she allegedly gave alcohol to her young son.

Officers were called to a Peter Piper Pizza at 4940 East Ray Road after a witness reportedly saw Valerie Marie Topete, 36, pour beer into her 2-year-old son’s sippy cup.

The witness told authorities that the child drank from the cup after it was filled with beer, and was left alone at the table. The 2-year-old eventually fell from his seat, leading the witness to believe that he may be drunk.

Topete told police that her son had been grabbing at a pitcher of beer. She explained that she gave her son a “splash of beer” with the hopes that it would get him to stop reaching for the pitcher.

Officers noticed that the child’s cup contained a liquid that had foam and smelled of alcohol.

The child was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.

Topete has been charged with one count of child abuse.

redred
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
:funnel:

DemonGeminiX
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
My Dad let me have a sip of beer when I was 4. My Mom has a picture of the event.

deebakes
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
:hitit:

Godfather
07-07-2012, 02:01 AM
My Dad let me have a sip of beer when I was 4. My Mom has a picture of the event.

I come from a big Italian family, us kids always got a sip of red wine at a family dinner going back as far as I could remember.

Filling a sippy cup and having your baby falling out of a chair is a different story :lol:

deebakes
07-07-2012, 02:40 AM
yeah, kids a lightweight :hand: