PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock In Hot Water (Again) Over Fourth Of July Tweet

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Starpulse News

http://i.imgur.com/SIR67.jpg

"White People's Day" is blowing up on Twitter after Chris Rock lets loose with his perspective on the Fourth of July. Fireworks ensue.

Chris Rock isn't publicly commenting about the mad rush of Twitter users chiming in about his "Happy white people day" tweet, which was born on the Fourth of July.

For those of you who may have missed it, the comic wrote: "Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks."

Obviously, a number of people forgot: 1.) Chris Rock, and the rest of us, are all entitled to say what we feel. 2.) It's Chris Rock, for Pete's sake! and 3.) He's a comic. He's supposed to say what the rest of us think but are too afraid to say! Nervous laughter is supposed to ensue when a comedian says the uncomfortable joke we know is true.

The reason "why" we can say a number of people "forgot" these rules of the "Chris Rock as Chris Rock and comic on Twitter" game is the funny man's tweet was met with a lot of vitriol on, well, Twitter.

One user tweeted: "He's the most racist, hateful person I’ve ever heard."

Really? He's the most racist, hateful person you've heard of? We seem to forget very quickly the white men in sheets and that whole lynching and church-burning thing.

Others took a dig at the actor/producer's career: "I stopped considering @chrisrock relevant when he stopped being funny. That was awhile ago. Sad."

Still others turned this into a political issue: "Hi @chriskrock, you bashed July 4th as 'White peoples independence day.' Know who gave you yours? Republicans. You're welcome."

Somehow, Chris Rock managed to also get embroiled in class warfare, courtesy of the following tweets: "White people fought & died in a war so @chrisrock wouldn't be subject to slavery, but rather enjoy his vast wealth" and "You're not a slave. You are a 'comedian' with a net worth of $70 million. What other country would've paid for your jokes?"

Some famous and not-so-famous names came to the comic's rescue.

Michael Moore tweeted: "Last yr @chrisrock said white ppl had gotten less crazy http://t.co/v5UnYBMP He won’t make that mistake again! http://t.co/D68fi9lz"

Here's a funny on the reverse racism claims: "From the Chris Rock backlash I can see that a lot of people have replaced history with the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter version of slavery."

And this take on the backlash: "I find this Chris Rock backlash absolutely ridiculous. Really? Someone tells the truth and you mad? I'm American…."

PorkChopSandwiches
07-06-2012, 05:34 PM
What a douche

Hal-9000
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
ummm....I think around the time of America's independence there weren't many black people in power or sitting at the table signing the document :lol:

I agree with the one tweet....you're worth 70 million, try to peddle your jokes in another county and make that..

Shady
07-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Black people weren't free until the signing of the Civil Rights Act. The emancipation proclamation freed them from slavery but didn't give them the same rights as white people.

deebakes
07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
i like chris rock :oops:

Loser
07-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Torch this motherfucker like kramer. ;)

Godfather
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
"You're not a slave. You are a 'comedian' with a net worth of $70 million. What other country would've paid for your jokes?"

That actually pretty awesome :lol:

Griffin
07-07-2012, 01:46 AM
He was at his best as the playboy mansion valet in Beverly Hills Cop II.
That showed his true talent.