PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Anorexia Site "Skinny Gossip": Kate Upton Is a "Fatty"

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2012, 02:44 AM
By Beth Anne Macaluso - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/J8kGt.jpg

Sure, she's a crush object for men all over the world (and a major source of envy for women) but to pro-anorexia site Skinny Gossip, Kate Upton is just plain -- well, fat.

According to the site's anonymous author "Skinny Girl" (via Gothamist), the Sports Illustrated cover girl has "huge thighs, NO waist," and "big fat floppy boobs."

"She looks like a squishy brick. Is this what American women are 'striving' for now? The lazy, lardy look?" Skinny Girl snipes about the "piggie" 19-year-old. "Have we really gotten so fat in this country that Kate is the best we can aim for? Sorry, but: eww!" (In an effort to drive her point home, the writer tagged her Upton post with terms like "Thunder Thighs" and "Fatty.")

After her article received intense backlash, Skinny Girl issued a response, defending her disturbing views.

"As a thin person, I was annoyed by our double-standards around weight. For example, people think nothing of telling a thin woman -- to their face, in front of an entire group of people -- how skinny they are and even to suggest what they should eat," she writes.

And while Skinny Gossip's author asserts her site is not pro-anorexia -- just "pro skinny" -- Gothamist points out that, for years, the blog has posted a "Starving Tip of the Day."

One example of the advice she offers is, "Compete!! Compare your body to your friends' and coworkers' bodies. Are you the thinnest? If not, why not?"

As for Skinny Girl's ultimate credo? "Live by the scale and the measuring tape," she advises.

deebakes
07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
her tits are out of this world great so fuck these twigs :x

Shady
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
The day she goes topless is the day my spank bank will explode. Too fucking hot.

Hal-9000
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
even with the boobs, that Kate would be considered skinny by me and my friends...

those sites just hurt people and their self esteem, they should be shut down

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
The day she goes topless is the day my spank bank will explode. Too fucking hot.

if that happens, I'd probably end up fucking my tv screen

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I wasn't going to quote, but luckily I did :lol:

Hal-9000
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
it kind of frightens me when you post at the exact same time :lol:

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 09:54 PM
it's all about my timing.... it takes years of practice to get it that bad

Hal-9000
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I was just looking at some shots of her in a bikini top....no way anyone can call that fat ..

Muddy
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I just want to jizz in her is all.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I was just looking at some shots of her in a bikini top....no way anyone can call that fat ..

Look at these:

http://tehbasement.com/showthread.php?36887-Kate-Upton-GQ-magazine-%28July-2012%29-%28scans%29-TAGGED-**Untagged-ADDS**

If that's fat, then I dunno what fit is :wha:

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
OMG! you can't even see her ribs :puke:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
She looms good right now. But at her current weight and body her tits will be shit and her ass falling down around 35

Muddy
07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
We'll call her flapjack when that day comes..

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
She looms good right now. But at her current weight and body her tits will be shit and her ass falling down around 35

I think you're being optimistic.... but right now they have that perfect amount of sag

PorkChopSandwiches
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
We'll call her flapjack when that day comes..
:lol: yes we will

I think you're being optimistic.... but right now they have that perfect amount of sag

It is perfect....today

Hugh_Janus
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I just hope that playboy shoot won't be too late

Shady
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I'd still put my butter on those flapjacks.

deebakes
07-11-2012, 03:54 AM
She looms good right now.

:-k

http://i.imgur.com/XaGoN.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
By Suzan Clarke | ABC News Blogs

A blogger who attacked Sports Illustrated cover girl Kate Upton’s sexy figure, likening the curvy swimsuit model to a cow and a pig, is facing severe backlash for her comments.

The unnamed female blogger, who acknowledges preferring the "skinny aesthetic," wrote in a July 8 post on the website "Skinny Gurl" that she has been deluged with angry emails and threatened with rape and death.

The controversy first began back in June when the blogger wrote that Upton was "confidently lumbering up the runway like there's a buffet at the end of it," and also called her a "little piggie" with "huge thighs, NO waist, big fat floppy boobs, terrible body definition … ."

She continued: "Did you know that humans are 80% genetically identical to cows? Well, allow me to prove it to you… ." That line was followed by an unflattering photo of the back of Upton's lingerie-clad body on the runway.

Since then, the fashion world's most influential insiders have denounced the blogger and risen to Upton's defense.

"Running this site where you actually praise women for staying emaciated and skinny and then to go out there and then track someone who has a normal body, I mean, she's got issues," said Lesley Jane Seymour, editor-in-chief of MORE magazine.

"She's laughing all the way to the bank," supermodel and author Carol Alt said of Upton. "I would just say keep your end up and keep moving forward."

Online, the hacker group Anonymous launched a cyber attack against the Skinny Gurl website, forcing her to change web hosts.

It's all resulted in some changes to her site, among them the removal of the "Starving Tip of the Day" and the addition of language that "explicitly prohibits the glorification or promotion of self-harm."

She also wrote that she planned to add resources for help with depression, eating disorders, and self-injury.

Explaining the idea behind the site - which she says is "pro-skinny" but not "pro-ana" (for pro-anorexic) - she wrote: "As a thin person, I was also annoyed by our double-standards around weight. For example, people think nothing of telling a thin woman - to their face, in front of an entire group of people - how skinny they are and even to suggest what they should eat. But I've never seen the reverse happen to an overweight woman."

The blogger writes that she was a model in school and now works in the fashion industry.

"I take personal pride in keeping myself thin (since people keep asking: I'm about 5'7? and try to stay around 100 lbs)," she wrote. She adds that she stays anonymous because she has "a real-world profession with clients and partners and this is a controversial subject, even in places like NYC and Hollywood."

While she acknowledged that she has had her "own issues" with food and eating and that those issues had found their way into the writing on her blog, she noted: "There's nothing wrong with saying skinny is beautiful, just like there's nothing wrong with saying curvy is beautiful, or red hair is beautiful, or anything else someone happens to find appealing. It's an opinion, and we're all entitled to them."

For model Alt, the weighty war of words is another example of the extreme pressure the fashion industry places on girls.

"Sometimes in this business people's expectations are a bit unrealistic and it's very hard to attain those kind of expectations," she told ABC News.

Hal-9000
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I'd still put my butter on those flapjacks.

:lol: nice..