PDA

View Full Version : Fizzical wreck: 24 cans of Coke a day left teenager in agony

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2012, 11:09 AM
By NICK PARKER - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/8elMn.jpg

A TEENAGER was left in agony in hospital after an addiction to Coca-Cola led her to drink 18 PINTS of it every day.

Pretty Zoe Cross, 18, caught an infection made worse by severe dehydration caused by guzzling so much of the fizzy drink.

And she was warned she could DIE unless she cut down her massive intake.

Zoe said: “I admit I’m addicted to Coke — not the drug, the drink.

“I ended up on a saline drip for five days.

"The doctors said my body couldn’t cope with such a huge amount of sugar and caffeine and warned me my kidneys could shut down if I didn’t stop.”

Zoe, of Milnrow, Lancs, got hooked on Coke when she was 14, downing a daily deluge of 24 cans from the supermarket.

Her habit spiralled out of control when she landed a part-time job at her local Subway, where staff are allowed free fizzy drinks at work.

Eventually she collapsed and was rushed to Oldham Hospital with an E. coli infection thought to have been triggered by swigging straight from unwashed cans.

After being treated she cut back on Coke but was still drinking two litres a day.

Last week the 5ft 4in, 12st teenager had a SECOND collapse and is now suffering cramps with deterioration of her ankle and spinal joints.

She said: “Coming off Coke has been hard because I get terrible headaches when I don’t drink it.

"But I’m hoping I’ll pull through.”

A Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust form handed to Zoe after her treatment cited “excessive Coke drinking”.

Coca-Cola said yesterday: “All of our drinks can be consumed in moderation as part of a healthy diet.”

FBD
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
my great grandmother went diabetic from drinking a sixpack of pepsi every day. this girl's kidneys are going to crap out on her by the time she's 30, if her pancreas doesnt do so first. then her kidneys will follow.

wtf is the matter with her parents buying that much goddam soda that she can drink an entire CASE every single day? they dont notice an entire shelf of it disappearing? fkn morons.