PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus Gets New Tattoo of Theodore Roosevelt Quote

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2012, 04:06 PM
By Beth Anne Macaluso - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/VqZgQ.jpg

Butterfly? Nah. Rose? Definitely not. When it came time to pick her new tattoo, Miley Cyrus settled on something surprisingly profound.

On her way out of a Pilates class in West Hollywood Tuesday, Cyrus, 19, showed off a brand new tattoo -- a snippet of a 1910 speech President Theodore Roosevelt made at the Sorbonne in Paris, France.

The text, tattooed on her left forearm, reads, "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

In his famous early 20th century speech, Roosevelt urged listeners to live life to the fullest. "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better," he said. "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood . . . who, at the best, knows . . . the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

The words aren't The Last Song star's first foray into permanent body art; Cyrus (who is currently engaged to Liam Hemsworth) has numerous other tattoos, including a dream-catcher on her ribcage, and an equals symbol on her ring finger to demonstrate her support for marriage equality.

======================================

http://tehbasement.com/showthread.php?38111-Miley-Cyrus-candids-outside-the-Windsor-Pilates-studio-in-West-Hollywood-(July-10th-2012)

Hal-9000
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a similar one that refers to the same thing...

A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2012, 04:37 PM
I have a $100 bill tattooed on my dick, I like to watch my money grow

Hal-9000
07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I have a $100 bill tattooed on my dick, I like to watch my money grow

Looks like the recession really affected you negatively :(

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
:burn:

Hal-9000
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM