PDA

View Full Version : Police: Beating suspect claimed child's mother 'deserved it'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Argument over 'her using him for his money' ends with bites, punches
By Brett Clarkson, Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/3W5Qk.jpg

Joseph McKenzie Pruitt was arrested on domestic violence charges Tuesday after biting and beating the mother of his child and then claiming "she deserved it", according to a Boynton Beach police report.

And while Pruitt was indeed taken away, his 'she deserved it' line didn't wash with cops.

Now the Delray Beach man, 26, is facing charges after the Tuesday dust-up at a Boynton Beach motel.

According to an arrest report, officers with the Boynton Beach Police Department showed up at the Golden Sands Motel on Southeast 21st Avenue on Tuesday just before 2 p.m. after an anonymous caller told dispatch of what sounded like a man and woman yelling at each other in room 211.

When police arrived they knocked on the door and heard a woman yell, 'Help me! He is trying to kill me!' Meanwhile, they heard the guy in the room telling her to 'shut up,' the report stated.

After a few seconds the door opened to reveal the woman clad only in a towel with a black eye swelling on her face and blood running from her mouth.

The report said Pruitt then emerged through the door, surrendering immediately and telling police she 'deserved' it.

Police said the victim told police that Pruitt is the father of their child and the pair had been arguing for two days over 'her using him for his money.'

According to the arrest report, the victim also told police that Pruitt bit her twice on the arm and once on the shoulder on Monday. On Tuesday, according to the report, she said Pruitt ripped off her clothes and told her she couldn't leave.

When the victim was fighting with Pruitt to keep her clothes on, Pruitt then punched her in the mouth, knocking out a tooth, and then in her left eye causing it to swell shut, the arrest report said.

The victim was taken by Boynton Beach Fire Rescue to Bethesda Memorial Hospital, police said, adding that she declined to give a statement to investigators.

Pruitt was charged with one felony count of aggravated battery and one felony count of kidnap, false imprisonment. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail in lieu of $6,000 bail.

KevinD
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
"She only want me for my Pimp Juice....Whooooo-hooooo..."

deebakes
07-13-2012, 05:43 AM
he looks innocent to me... :-k