PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MK320 Wireless Mouse/Keyboard Combo Review and Unboxing

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I hate unboxings :lol: 10 minute Youtube video of some knob trying to peel sticky plastic off his electronics purchase...no thanks.

I decided to try wireless for the first time.I bought the cheapest, entry level combo mouse and keyboard.Came with a mouse, keyboard and USB receiver that looks like a small flash drive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyboard - It has flat keys that are tactile, not soft and they offer good feedback.The entire board is slim and sits almost parallel with your desk, even with the legs set up.
There are a few shortcut keys added which I'm going to try now...

:lol:

number 1 reduces the current window and brings the desktop up
number 2 would open a mail client if I had one
number 3 brings up my home page for the browser
number 4 opens the Windows Media Player
and number 5 brings the desktop up again a different way.

There are also volume control buttons and mute conrols on the top right of the keyboard.

They've reorganized the delete/home/end bank of keys to only 5 keys and made the delete key twice as big and switched the orientation.
Some purists may not like that. (see picture)

Optical Mouse - It's a little smaller than normal, yet still comfortable in my hand.Typical scroll wheel, left and right click scenario.
It certainly is responsive, moves way faster and is more precise than my old wired optical mouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the MK 320 ghetto combo is a good purchase - Some wireless sets don't have very good distance reception.They look great and are functional but I've read multiple reports
of the user having to sit less than 2 feet from some of the USB receivers.

The MK 320 signal can supposedly reach 10 meters or over 30 feet, in a crowded room environment.I have mine plugged in the back of my computer, which sits inside a large desk.
Last night I was reclining on the couch driving the pc, from over 10 feet away :thumbsup:

Both the mouse and the keyboard have on/off switches to conserve battery life.The mouse has some sort of early warning indicator to tell you when to change the battery.
Keyboard has a supposed 15 month battery life and the mouse has 5 months...if I get 3 months of daily use out of a battery, I'll be happy.One nice touch was that both came
loaded up with batteries and ready to go :thumbsup:

This is by no means the best wireless combo out there.I liked it because it's true plug n play...I just inserted the USB receiver, switched on both devices and Windows had them set up, ready to use.
I paid 49.99.

oh yeah....THE UNBOXING!!! :lol:

here's the box...

http://i.imgur.com/ML2hJ.jpg

and here's the slim keyboard and mouse :thumbsup:
note the large delete key setup

http://i.imgur.com/Y8eJs.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I have the MK700....I like it except that sometimes it seems like I get interference with the signal from something. Dunno what it is and it only happens occasionally, but it's annoying when it does happen.

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm sure I'll toast a key or do something to the mouse...this setup is cheaply made.I did like reading about problems with more expensive sets from Logitech and different makers like Microsoft :lol:
This one does have good reception out of the box, I was halfway upstairs last night (not looking at the screen) and still controlling the media player :thumbsup:

minz
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice tidy desk. :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice tidy desk. :thumbsup:

Thanks..I actually have a lamp, 2 sets of 2.1 speakers, volume control, a TV, a Western Digital Media Player, 3 remotes and headphones across my 2 desks :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sure I'll toast a key or do something to the mouse...this setup is cheaply made.I did like reading about problems with more expensive sets from Logitech and different makers like Microsoft :lol:
This one does have good reception out of the box, I was halfway upstairs last night (not looking at the screen) and still controlling the media player :thumbsup:

I've had Logitech and Microsoft wireless desktops, cheap and expensive. I think overall, for the price, Logitech is the better option.

Loser
04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been using the same wireless setup for like 10+ years now lol.

Cordless MX duo.

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I've been using the same wireless setup for like 10+ years now lol.

Cordless MX duo.

Who makes that?

I've been using a black Logitech wired mouse for a long time too and just can't kill the beast :lol:

Godfather
04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure what I hate more, Logitech or Unboxings :lol: :P

I'm just giving you a hard time... looks nice! Great review.

I have a really nice Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse but it's a USB and keyboard plug so it's no use with my laptop :( And I need a better keyboard for gaming at home.

Think I need to invest in a new setup like this one. I've just had bad experiences with Logitech speakers/customer service though so I'll probably go Microsoft.

Hal-9000
04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I've suffered through too many unboxings for monitors with the faint hope that the guy may actually might TURN IT ON so I can see what it looks like :lol:

Logitech makes solid mice and keyboards GF...and my Logitech Z2300 2.1 speakers still kill anything I've used since then :thumbsup:

I got this entry set just to try wireless in general and they do work well.I have a CoD game installed and the mouse is totally responsive for a FPS

Godfather
04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Good to know :thumbsup:

I should give logitech another shot... I'm just soured from one lousy experience :lol:

I used to play FPS with wireless keyboard and mouse all the time. Worked quite well for me, and that was probably 6 years ago, so I'm sure it's improved since then too.

Goofy
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I have the logitech mx revolution keyboard and mouse, no problems with either and they're both great :tup:

Glad to see you're still 'rockin' the green carpet Hal :D

Pony
04-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I had bought a logitech wireless mouse at one point and returned it because I didn't like how hard it was to turn the scroll wheel, my damn finger would slip before it would move. (Don't remember the model). Then I went to a microsoft mouse/keyboard combo Hated that mouse because it was too hard to click the scroll wheel and it spun totally free, was very difficult to put enough pressure on it to click it without moving the cursor off the link. It also didn't have an off switch, you needed to put the receiver into the bottom of the mouse to turn it off. Sent that combo to my DJ computer.

Plugged my wired keyboard in and found a cheap microsoft cordless I liked. ($14.99) I'm really comfortable with it. I've bought three of them now. Just wish I could have found a combo pack with this mouse.

Loser
04-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Who makes that?

I've been using a black Logitech wired mouse for a long time too and just can't kill the beast :lol:

logitech lol

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Here's what you should have gotten:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6627210&SRCCODE=WEM2645MS&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2645-_-tigeremail

:tup:

Godfather
04-08-2011, 01:30 AM
That thing better do my taxes too :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2011, 01:32 AM
I think it came out of a console on the Starship Enterprise :lol:

Pony
04-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Gaming keyboard? Does it have extra large arrow buttons and two space bars?

Hal-9000
04-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Here's what you should have gotten:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6627210&SRCCODE=WEM2645MS&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2645-_-tigeremail

:tup:

you know what a gaming keyboard is?

about 100 dollars more for the same functions and cool LED lights :lol:

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 05:18 AM
***UPDATE!***

The damn keyboard doesn't have a caps lock light :lol:

Hal-9000
04-28-2011, 05:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r1uQI.jpg