PDA

View Full Version : Bank clerk dreaming of model career stole £46k to spend on beauty ops

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Rachael Martin, 24, used loot to have boob job, lipo and dental work
By JACK LOSH - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/YhvPF.jpg

A BANK clerk dreaming to be a model stole £46,000 from her employers — before blowing it on boob jobs, dental work, liposuction, hair extensions and make-up.

Rachael Martin, 24, enjoyed wild spending sprees and splashed out on extravagant nights out.

The young mum lavished £4,000 on breast surgery and a further £1,700 on teeth-whitening treatment and other expensive dental work.

She pilfered the money from Barclays over eight weeks in amounts of £1,000 or £2,000 a time, squirrelling funds into her own account.

On one occasion, Martin managed to swipe £6,000 from the coffers in one go.

By the time cops nicked her, she had spent it all.

Martin, who faces jail, yesterday admitted theft at Truro Crown Court, Cornwall.

She was working at the bank in Liskeard when she began sidelining funds.

Initially she was charged with 25 separate counts of theft, between September 1 and October 3 2010.

Prosecutors shrunk the counts to just one charge covering the same amount of money and dates.

Recorder Jeremy Wright released her on unconditional bail and will sentence her in September.

http://i.imgur.com/9Xt49.jpg

Arkady Renko
07-18-2012, 03:49 PM
stupid beyond reapir. This kind of thing almost never goes by undetected. She should have tried to embezzle a few hundred billions, that's the kind of sum people tend to get away with.

there was a similar case in germany recently where a bank clerk gave inside tips to her boyfreind so he could plan a robbery of her branch. Cops soon suspected an inside job and got a warrant to monitor her phone. She texted her man to ask him if he was OK in his hideout and if he thought that it was safe for her to get new tits as soon as three weeks after the robbery...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Can they repo her tits?

Arkady Renko
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
probably not, but it would be much smarter to let her keep them so she can work off the debt she owes them. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Muddy
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Horrible hair

perrhaps
07-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Horrible hair

So, make lemonade out of lemons by throwing a flag over her head and give her one for "Old Glory".

Acid Trip
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
probably not, but it would be much smarter to let her keep them so she can work off the debt she owes them. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

:lol:

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
stupid beyond repair. This kind of thing almost never goes by undetected. She should have tried to embezzle a few hundred billions, that's the kind of sum people tend to get away with.

there was a similar case in germany recently where a bank clerk gave inside tips to her boyfreind so he could plan a robbery of her branch. Cops soon suspected an inside job and got a warrant to monitor her phone. She texted her man to ask him if he was OK in his hideout and if he thought that it was safe for her to get new tits as soon as three weeks after the robbery...

fixed that for you :thumbsup:

minz
07-18-2012, 07:01 PM
fixed that for you :thumbsup:

You mean you repaired it :d

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
You mean you repaired it :d

yep :lol:

Acid Trip
07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't understand how this got by for so long. Drawers and the vault are balanced everyday. Well, they should be balanced everyday. I'm not sure how they do it across the pond.

minz
07-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't understand how this got by for so long. Drawers and the vault are balanced everyday. Well, they should be balanced everyday. I'm not sure how they do it across the pond.

She obviously knew how to make it look like a valid transaction.

Acid Trip
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM

It sounds easier than it is. There are so many checks and balances that there is no way to pull this off without someone being asleep at the wheel.

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah she hit the knees and opened her mouth every time a guy went to check :lol:

deebakes
07-19-2012, 12:13 AM
:doggybanana: