PDA

View Full Version : Girl fined $150 for sending April Fools' Day text to friend

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2011, 06:04 PM
By M.K. Guetersloh | Bloomington Pantograph

BLOOMINGTON — A 16-year-old girl’s friend and cousin called police Friday morning after they received text messages saying she had been robbed and shot in the foot.

Bloomington police officers rushed to a home in the 500 block of North Roosevelt Avenue to check out the report.

They found instead that they were caught up in an April Fool’s Day prank that had gotten out of hand.

“They (the friend and cousin) received these texts and they were genuinely concerned,” said Bloomington police spokesman Dave White. “They did the right thing and called us.”

The police had a different reaction to the prankster. White said officers were glad the girl was OK, but they gave her tickets carrying $150 in fines.

One charging her with disorderly conduct carries a city fine of $100.

The prankster was not in school on Friday morning, so police also issued a $50 ordinance violation for truancy.

White said police charged her with city ordinance violations instead of arresting her on criminal charges of making a false police report.

The friend and the cousin were not ticketed in the incident, he added.

Bloomington police Lt. Pete Avery said that was the only April Fool’s joke police responded to on Friday.

RBP
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Clievile/FacePalm.gif

FBD
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
and here I thought april fools jokes were supposed to be fun & witty, not cruel and inhumane

Godfather
04-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Moronic.

I got in an argument with a friend on April fools this year:

One of the local radio stations reported a member of the Vancouver Canucks had been in a car accident and his injuries were unknown in severity.

The friend of mine thought it was funny. I thought it was stupid, not clever in the least and moat importantly it was potentially alarming to his family an friends who undoubtedly follow his media presence. News travels way too fast to stay scary rumors about car accidents on a dark, rainy day.

Hal-9000
04-05-2011, 11:10 PM
and gee..I thought our radio station's prank of free gas at a busy gas bar in the middle of our city was cruel....wow

that sort of joke above, is not a joke