PDA

View Full Version : Beach volleyballers might cover up for Olympics

RBP
07-24-2012, 12:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vptKV.jpg

They call soccer the "beautiful game," but an argument could be made that beach volleyball is the most beautiful game. Wives might object to their husbands sitting in front of the TV and watching tall bikini-clad women jumping and diving in the sand if it weren't for the fact that volleyball is a legitimate Olympic sport.

But there's a storm on the horizon (or, simply put, English weather), and it could cause volleyball players to bundle up in the equivalent of long underwear instead of bathing suits. The forecast calls for highs in the 60s early next week, with up to a 30 percent chance of rain. When you factor in night matches, that's not exactly bikini weather. Some beach volleyball players are ready to take precaution.

"We need it to keep our muscles warm," said Australian Tamsin Hinchley.

Nevertheless, beach volleyball is expected to draw crowds -- some half a million are predicted to come out for about 100 matches -- despite a relatively brief stint at the Olympics. It was introduced at the 1996 Games in Atlanta.

It's not like it's "Baywatch-with-a-ball," but if the weather doesn't cooperate, NBC may want to trot out some reruns of Sydney circa 2000 to avoid a ratings hit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/beach-volleyballers-might-lose-bikinis-olympics-192415280--oly.html

:x damnnit England!

DemonGeminiX
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Weather's weather. What can you do?

:dunno:

*sigh*

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Meh, most of them are butterfaces anyway...you can see prettier girls with good bodies in lots of other places without having to sit thru a boring volleyball game

deebakes
07-25-2012, 04:57 AM
my guess is their faces will still be clearly visible, it's the bodies that i tune in for :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Its the only reason I watch it :(

Muddy
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Boycott!

Acid Trip
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
England 2012:

1) Horrendous traffic and public transport
2) Cab drivers are protesting the "Olympic" lanes
3) The security company they hired doesn't have enough people or the proper training
4) British soldiers are being pulled from Afghanistan to provide security
5) Possibly no bikini's in beach volleyball because the weather is shit

And the games haven't even started yet.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Hahahaha, :tup:

samarchepas
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
England 2012:

1) Horrendous traffic and public transport
2) Cab drivers are protesting the "Olympic" lanes
3) The security company they hired doesn't have enough people or the proper training
4) British soldiers are being pulled from Afghanistan to provide security
5) Possibly no bikini's in beach volleyball because the weather is shit

And the games haven't even started yet.
And they dared to complain about the Vancouver's Olympics :lol:

Hal-9000
07-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Beach volleyball is a medal sport? :lol:

I don't mind watching that...