PDA

View Full Version : iPhone appeal dims as Samsung shines

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
By PETER SVENSSON | Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/o7LOc.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) — The once-sexy iPhone is starting to look small and chubby.

That's become a problem for Apple, which revealed last week that iPhone sales have slowed. Part of the problem is that the competition has found a formula that works: thinner phones with bigger screens.

For a dose of smartphone envy, iPhone owners need to look no further than Samsung Electronics Co., the number-one maker of smartphones in the world. Its newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S III, is sleek and wafer-thin. It can run on the fastest networks and act as a "smart wallet," too — two things the Apple's iconic phone can't do.

Says Ramon Llamas, an analyst with research firm IDC: The iPhone "is getting a bit long in the tooth."

Apple has become the world's most valuable company on the back of the iPhone, which makes up nearly half of its revenue. The iPhone certainly has room to grow: Only one in six smartphones sold globally in the second quarter had an Apple logo on its back.

When Apple reported financial results for its latest quarter last week, a new phenomenon was revealed: Buyers started pulling back on iPhone purchases just six months after the launch of the latest iPhone model.

Apple executives blamed the tepid sales on "rumors and speculation" that may have caused some consumers to wait for the next iPhone, which is due in the fall. But in the past, iPhone sales have stayed strong nine months after the new model is launched, then dipped as people began holding off, waiting for the new model.

In the April to June period, Apple sold 26 million phones, 28 percent more than it did in the same quarter last year.

Most other phone makers "would kill" for those numbers, says Stephen Baker, an analyst with research firm NPD Group. But since the iPhone's introduction in 2007, the average annual growth rate has been 112 percent.

The competitor that doesn't need to kill for those numbers is Samsung, which has solidified its position at the world's largest maker of smartphones. Analysts believe it sold just over 50 million smartphones in the second quarter, or nearly twice as many as Apple. (The company doesn't release specific figures.) Its smartphone sales have nearly tripled in a year, from 18.4 million, according to IDC.

Most of Samsung's sales comprise cheaper smartphones that don't compete directly with the iPhone. Its flagship phones, though, have emerged as the iPhone's chief rivals.

Samsung and Apple have a complicated relationship. They're rivals in the smartphone and tablet-computer markets, and are set to square off in a high-profile trial over mobile patents in San Francisco this week. Samsung is one of Apple's largest suppliers of chips and displays, and Apple is one of Samsung's largest clients.

Together, Samsung and Apple make half of the world's smartphones, and since competitors are losing money or breaking even, they account for nearly all of the profits in the industry.

Though Apple is known as a relentless innovator, the iPhone's screen has been the same size — 3.5 inches on the diagonal — since the first iPhone came out. It was a big screen for the time, but among the competition, screen sizes have crept up.

Samsung has increased the screen size of its Galaxy series with every model since it debuted in 2010. The Galaxy S had a screen that measured 4 inches diagonally, and was followed by the S II, at 4.3 inches. The S III, the latest model, measures 4.8 inches. The screen is nearly twice as large as the iPhone's. Yet the Galaxy is slightly thinner than an iPhone — 8.6 millimeters versus 9.3 — and lighter — 133 grams versus 140 grams.

Samsung has also achieved surprising success with an even bigger phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note. Its 5.3-inch screen makes it somewhat awkward to hold to the ear, but customers don't seem to mind, or perhaps they value the large screen and included stylus more.

Aside from design, Apple is inflexible in another way: by releasing a new phone only one per year, it lets the competition create new phones with features the iPhone doesn't have and lets them go unchallenged, at least until the new iPhone comes out.

"Apple's schedule leaves the other ten or nine months of the year wide open for everybody else," says Llamas.

For instance, the newest Samsung phones can use the latest high-speed data networks in the U.S., and it can act as smart "credit card" at payment terminals in stores, two features the iPhone doesn't have.

Samsung times its product launches to take maximum advantage of the lull in iPhone sales that usually precedes the launch of a new model. The S III went on sale in Europe in May and in the U.S. in June.

The rest of the competition is in disarray, and hasn't been able to capitalize in the same way on Apple's rigid release schedule and conservative design. Nokia Corp., until recently the world's largest phone maker, is in sharp retreat and is conducting a complete revamp of its smartphones. Research In Motion Ltd. is stuck with outdated software for its BlackBerrys at least until it launches a new operating system next year. HTC Corp. of Taiwan is suffering from marketing missteps in the last few years. LG Electronics, another Korean company, hasn't been able to keep up with Samsung when it comes to high-end phones, or with cheaper manufacturers on the low end.

Samsung, LG and HTC all use Google Inc.'s Android operating system, which is seen as the main alternative to Apple's own software. But Samsung is emerging as the company that's able to turn Google's free software into profits.

"Samsung is the only company that didn't really buckle under the weight of the iPhone 4S. Good, solid devices and good, solid marketing behind them," Llamas says.

Analysts now expect the new iPhone to arrive in September or October, probably with a slightly bigger screen. Sticking to one screen size has served Apple well, Baker says, but he sees the company moving with the times, as it's done many times before.

"When they have the reputation and the brand loyalty that they have, you don't have to be the first to market" with new features, Baker says. "You don't have to take that risk."

Muddy
07-30-2012, 10:20 PM
It's gonna be a bitch when they cant sell them in the US any more.. Lol

Goofy
07-30-2012, 10:51 PM

Cant sell what, Crapple or Samsung?

Muddy
07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Samdung

PorkChopSandwiches
07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
That issue has all ready been dealt with

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 11:23 AM

not going to happen. Product cycles are so short that a lawsuit can't keep up with the development. Courts are reluctant to grant temporary injunctions because they may mean that a complete product range has to be removed from a given market with huge damages to be awarded if the temporary injunction gets overturned in the main suit. Therefore, a company like Samsung can react to a lost lawsuit by making the adjustments necessary to implement the respective ruling in a few weeks and just launch a modified model that meets the requirements. They did just that when Apple won an injunction against the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany. Samsung already launched the Galaxy Tab 10.1 N (as in New Version) before the ruling was published.

To my knowledge, the suits Apple filed against Samsung in the US refer to the Galaxy S 2. The S 3 does not contain the contentious features anymore. So worst case scenario for Samsung is they need to launch a Galaxy S 2 N as a mid-range alternative to the S 3 and pay the legal fees (peanuts for them).

Seems to me, Apple are wasting precious resources on those suits while they tend to damage their reputation. What they should do instead is figure out how they want to address the smartphone market in the face of the ruthless nd clever competition from Samsung. The prospective iPhone 5 will need to blow the Galaxy S 3 right out of the water or else people will start wondering if it's really reasonable to pay about 100% more for a phone that looks a bit nicer than the competition but has no tangible extra benefit over them.

Apart from that, I'm curious to see how long it'll take Samsung to figure out that they can introduce a luxury line by adding a somewhat more stylish exterior to the S 3 e.g. with a metal or ceramic backcover and nicer buttons. All it'D take would be to hire a renowned designer such as Bang & Olufsen or Prada or Porsche Studios and they'd kill Apple's sole remaining unique selling proposition.

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
not going to happen. Product cycles are so short that a lawsuit can't keep up with the development. Courts are reluctant to grant temporary injunctions because they may mean that a complete product range has to be removed from a given market with huge damages to be awarded if the temporary injunction gets overturned in the main suit. Therefore, a company like Samsung can react to a lost lawsuit by making the adjustments necessary to implement the respective ruling in a few weeks and just launch a modified model that meets the requirements. They did just that when Apple won an injunction against the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany. Samsung already launched the Galaxy Tab 10.1 N (as in New Version) before the ruling was published.

To my knowledge, the suits Apple filed against Samsung in the US refer to the Galaxy S 2. The S 3 does not contain the contentious features anymore. So worst case scenario for Samsung is they need to launch a Galaxy S 2 N as a mid-range alternative to the S 3 and pay the legal fees (peanuts for them).

Seems to me, Apple are wasting precious resources on those suits while they tend to damage their reputation. What they should do instead is figure out how they want to address the smartphone market in the face of the ruthless nd clever competition from Samsung. The prospective iPhone 5 will need to blow the Galaxy S 3 right out of the water or else people will start wondering if it's really reasonable to pay about 100% more for a phone that looks a bit nicer than the competition but has no tangible extra benefit over them.

Apart from that, I'm curious to see how long it'll take Samsung to figure out that they can introduce a luxury line by adding a somewhat more stylish exterior to the S 3 e.g. with a metal or ceramic backcover and nicer buttons. All it'D take would be to hire a renowned designer such as Bang & Olufsen or Prada or Porsche Studios and they'd kill Apple's sole remaining unique selling proposition.

Nah, Apple users are sheep. Even if you show them something better (that costs less) they'd still go for the iPhone. They are too stupid to know they are getting ripped off.

My Samsung has a bigger screen, better speakers, faster processor, more memory, an SD slot, a better camera, and faster data speeds.

The iPhone has a retina display and....ummm....well that's about it.

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
you're probably right as far as dyed-in-the-wool Apple fanpeople are concerned, they'll strike up tents in front of the Apple stores again once there is a release date for iAnything. But a lot of the people who bought iPhones in recent don't fit into that category, they simply want the coolest phone on the market or the best phone on the market, regardless which brand it is. this clientele usually had blackberries before they moved to the iPhone and Nokia before that...and they will happily switch to another brand once a new "it" Phone appears.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Nah, Apple users are sheep. Even if you show them something better (that costs less) they'd still go for the iPhone. They are too stupid to know they are getting ripped off.

Hey dude.. Screw you! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
The funny thing is Apple is Samsungs biggest customer, neither could be as successful without the other

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/30/apple-samsung-lawsuits-all/

Muddy
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Whats funny is they're both good products but the android Nazis can't handle people liking a product that isn't geek approved.

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Whats funny is they're both good products but the android Nazis can't handle people liking a product that isn't geek approved.

actually, where I live it's mostly geeks and fashion vicitms who use iphones, while people who actually need to get work done with their phones usually opt for Android and - I'm not shitting you there - Blackberries.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
We know where you live Arkady.. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/IipCA.jpg

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
sorry, but I don't get the reference...

Muddy
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Its an SNL skit.. The Schooeners.. A couple of art dealers from Europe..

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh, I see. about as weird as Hans and Franz back in the day. :cheerlead:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 04:26 PM

I have both, and I can tell you I think that Samsung is better. My wife uses the iphone but came from an android, she is wanting to switch back. All the specs on my phone are better then the iphone.

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
it's not just the specs, Samsung phones have come a long way in terms of "look and feel" and I like their customer friendly approach what with the memory card slot, exchangeable battery and a micro-USB port instead of some dumbshit proprietary interface you can't use for any other device. And with the S 2, the S 3 and the Note, you can choose from three different screen sizes according to your needs and likes.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, apple pisses me off with the need to have a different connection to charge your device when every other device has standardized ;)

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, apple pisses me off with the need to have a different connection to charge your device when every other device has standardized ;)

Not to mention the gossip about the new iPhone 5 not fitting in any of the previously made iPhone/iPod docks. That will make a bunch of people mad.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Im leaning towards this 3s but now Verizon has shuffled the plan options all over again..

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Im leaning towards this 3s but now Verizon has shuffled the plan options all over again..

They have a shared plan where you get 2gb and your wife gets 2gb that can be shared. Everyone you add to the plan adds another 2gb to the pool.

Unless they still have the double data plan and you get 4gb

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:05 PM
They have a shared plan where you get 2gb and your wife gets 2gb that can be shared. Everyone you add to the plan adds another 2gb to the pool.

Unless they still have the double data plan and you get 4gb

Yes but my wife is unlimited data for $30.. If I re sign on the newer plans she loses it.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes but my wife is unlimited data for $30.. If I re sign on the newer plans she loses it.

I thought I read somewhere that Verizon was eventually phasing out all the 'unlimited' plans anyways?

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:09 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Verizon was eventually phasing out all the 'unlimited' plans anyways?

I think once you are grandfathered in they can only cut you by forcing you out with technology upgrades.. IE.. network /software upgrades.. But really if what you say happens it wouldn't shock me one bit..

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 06:12 PM
I read that as well.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Fuggin verizon man.. These phone companies are out of god damn control..

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
They are all doing the same thing, they know that more people are using data and less and less voice/text, so they started giving that away and getting you on data charges

Goofy
07-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey dude.. Screw you! :lol:

:lol:

I have both, and I can tell you I think that Samsung is better. My wife uses the iphone but came from an android, she is wanting to switch back. All the specs on my phone are better then the iphone.

That's just it though, too many people buy an iphone purely because its an iphone and they think iphone is the best thing in the world! Then you show them the spec difference between the iphone and the Galaxy S2 or S3 and their response is generally along the lines of "Hey dude, screw you!"

:mrgreen: Hi Muddy :waves:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 06:21 PM
PETER SVENSSON AP Technology Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest cellphone company, is phasing out nearly all of its existing phone plans and replacing them with pricing schemes that encourage customers to connect their non-phone devices, like tablets and PCs, to the Verizon network.

The revamped plans let families and other subscribers share a monthly data allowance over as many as 10 devices - the biggest overhaul in the price of wireless service since the cellphone became a mainstream device. The idea is likely to be copied quickly, at least by AT&T Inc., which has already said it is considering introducing shared-data plans soon.

Verizon's move "is the most profound change to pricing the telecom industry has seen in twenty years," said Sanford Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett.

For Verizon, the approach reflects a desire to keep growing now that nearly every American already has a phone.

In the first quarter of this year, phone companies, for the first time, reported a drop in the number of phones on contract-based plans, which are the most lucrative. To keep service revenues rising, companies are betting on increased data usage, and that means getting more data-hungry devices on their networks.

Verizon's new "Share Everything" plans, announced Tuesday, will become available June 28. They include unlimited phone calls and texts and will start at $90 per month for one smartphone and one gigabyte of data.

If used only with a smartphone, "Share Everything" prices are lower than for current plans with unlimited calling and texting, but higher than plans with limited calling and texting.

The plans will push many subscribers toward spending more by including unlimited calling and texting by default. Unlimited calling plans provide peace of mind, but not many people need them, and the average number of minutes used is declining.

From Verizon's perspective, offering unlimited access is an efficient use of its network, because calling and texting take up little capacity. Data usage, on the other hand, consumes a lot of network resources.

The savings will come to subscribers who add more devices to their plans. In such cases, the new pricing system will be cheaper compared with separate data plans for each device. Today, few consumers put tablets on data plans, probably because they dread paying an extra $30 or so per month, on top of their phone bills.

Under "Share Everything," adding a tablet to a plan will cost $10 per month. Adding a USB data stick for a laptop will cost $20.

Verizon's limited calling and texting plans will disappear, except for one $40-per-month plan intended for "dumb" phones. Verizon is keeping its limited-data plans for single non-phone devices, like the $30 tablet plan.

Current Verizon customers will be able to switch to the new plans or keep their old ones, with one exception. Those who have unlimited-data plans for their smartphones won't be able to move those to new phones, unless they pay the full, unsubsidized price for those phones. (For example, an iPhone 4S that costs $200 with a two-year contract costs $650 unsubsidized, with no contract.)

Verizon stopped offering unlimited-data plans last summer. The industry as a whole is moving away from the plans, since the data capacity of their networks is limited.

Under the new plans, subscribers can stop worrying about monitoring the number of calling minutes or text messages their families use in a month, but they'll have to keep a close eye on data consumption. Verizon will allow subscribers to adjust their data allowance from month to month, but if they go over their monthly allotment, that will cost $15 per gigabyte.

The data allowances start at $50 per month for one gigabyte. That's enough for a prudent couple with two smartphones who use Wi-Fi a lot, but Verizon recommends getting two gigabytes for $60. After that, each additional two gigabytes cost an extra $10 per month.

Under "Share Everything," Verizon will stop charging extra for letting devices act as "mobile Wi-Fi hotspots." That means subscribers who have a recent smartphone could use it to connect a tablet to the Internet, without paying the extra $10 per month for a tablet.

Moffett sees the new plan as cementing the dominance of Verizon and the No. 2 carrier, AT&T. That's because the shared-data plan encourages a family to use devices from one company, rather than spreading out the bills.

"In a household with two or three AT&T or Verizon devices - say, a smartphone and a tablet or two, and one device from T-Mobile or Sprint ... Sprint doesn't stand a chance," Moffett said.

Verizon had telegraphed the move toward shared plans, but had not revealed details or pricing.

Verizon Wireless has 93 million subscribers on its plans. It's a joint venture of New York-based phone company Verizon Communications Inc. and Vodafone Group PLC, a British cellphone company with wide international interests.

Verizon shares rose 38 cents to close at $42.94. In afternoon trading, the shares hit a four-year high of $42.95.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
:lol:

That's just it though, too many people buy an iphone purely because its an iphone and they think iphone is the best thing in the world! Then you show them the spec difference between the iphone and the Galaxy S2 or S3 and their response is generally along the lines of "Hey dude, screw you!"

:mrgreen: Hi Muddy :waves:

Not really.. I was trying to be as polite as I am capable of... Really most iphone users dont care about all the tech specs. Because most of them don't even get used..

Does it make a clear phone call? check
Does it make send a text? check
Does it surf the web? check
Can you download and run apps? check
Is it easy? check
Does it always work? check

Does it have a simcor googaplex 3 dvicdx port? No...
Will that make me cool? Not hardly.
Do I give a shit? No.. :lol:

Goofy
07-31-2012, 06:26 PM
I was only joking mate :lol:

Goofy
07-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Does it have a simcor googaplex 3 dvicdx port? No...

Those are awesome on the Galaxy S2 btw :tup:

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:33 PM
I was only joking mate :lol:

Oh I know and Its all good..

I do get a little irritated when people say stuff like this though.. It's just not true, and its something I'd expect to hear from a 14 year old girl who's entire life revolves around a stupid phone. People buy different products for different reasons.. Because they choose to do so does not make them "too stupid to know"...

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Current Verizon customers will be able to switch to the new plans or keep their old ones, with one exception. Those who have unlimited-data plans for their smartphones won't be able to move those to new phones, unless they pay the full, unsubsidized price for those phones. (For example, an iPhone 4S that costs $200 with a two-year contract costs $650 unsubsidized, with no contract.)

OUCH! That's why my company stays with Sprint. Unlimited data isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh I know and Its all good..

I do get a little irritated when people say stuff like this though.. It's just not true, and its something I'd expect to hear from a 14 year old girl who's entire life revolves around a stupid phone. People buy different products for different reasons.. Because they choose to do so does not make them "too stupid to know"...

I do that to get a rise out of you. For some reason you attach your feelings to inanimate objects you own.

Muddy
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
I do that to get a rise out of you. For some reason you attach your feelings to inanimate objects you own.

No I attach my feelings to someone saying that I am stupid for an inanimate object I may or may not own.. :lol:

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
PETER SVENSSON AP Technology Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest cellphone company, is phasing out nearly all of its existing phone plans and replacing them with pricing schemes that encourage customers to connect their non-phone devices, like tablets and PCs, to the Verizon network.

The revamped plans let families and other subscribers share a monthly data allowance over as many as 10 devices - the biggest overhaul in the price of wireless service since the cellphone became a mainstream device. The idea is likely to be copied quickly, at least by AT&T Inc., which has already said it is considering introducing shared-data plans soon.

Verizon's move "is the most profound change to pricing the telecom industry has seen in twenty years," said Sanford Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett.

For Verizon, the approach reflects a desire to keep growing now that nearly every American already has a phone.

In the first quarter of this year, phone companies, for the first time, reported a drop in the number of phones on contract-based plans, which are the most lucrative. To keep service revenues rising, companies are betting on increased data usage, and that means getting more data-hungry devices on their networks.

Verizon's new "Share Everything" plans, announced Tuesday, will become available June 28. They include unlimited phone calls and texts and will start at $90 per month for one smartphone and one gigabyte of data.

If used only with a smartphone, "Share Everything" prices are lower than for current plans with unlimited calling and texting, but higher than plans with limited calling and texting.

The plans will push many subscribers toward spending more by including unlimited calling and texting by default. Unlimited calling plans provide peace of mind, but not many people need them, and the average number of minutes used is declining.

From Verizon's perspective, offering unlimited access is an efficient use of its network, because calling and texting take up little capacity. Data usage, on the other hand, consumes a lot of network resources.

The savings will come to subscribers who add more devices to their plans. In such cases, the new pricing system will be cheaper compared with separate data plans for each device. Today, few consumers put tablets on data plans, probably because they dread paying an extra $30 or so per month, on top of their phone bills.

Under "Share Everything," adding a tablet to a plan will cost $10 per month. Adding a USB data stick for a laptop will cost $20.

Verizon's limited calling and texting plans will disappear, except for one $40-per-month plan intended for "dumb" phones. Verizon is keeping its limited-data plans for single non-phone devices, like the $30 tablet plan.

Verizon stopped offering unlimited-data plans last summer. The industry as a whole is moving away from the plans, since the data capacity of their networks is limited.

Under the new plans, subscribers can stop worrying about monitoring the number of calling minutes or text messages their families use in a month, but they'll have to keep a close eye on data consumption. Verizon will allow subscribers to adjust their data allowance from month to month, but if they go over their monthly allotment, that will cost $15 per gigabyte.

The data allowances start at $50 per month for one gigabyte. That's enough for a prudent couple with two smartphones who use Wi-Fi a lot, but Verizon recommends getting two gigabytes for $60. After that, each additional two gigabytes cost an extra $10 per month.

Under "Share Everything," Verizon will stop charging extra for letting devices act as "mobile Wi-Fi hotspots." That means subscribers who have a recent smartphone could use it to connect a tablet to the Internet, without paying the extra $10 per month for a tablet.

Moffett sees the new plan as cementing the dominance of Verizon and the No. 2 carrier, AT&T. That's because the shared-data plan encourages a family to use devices from one company, rather than spreading out the bills.

"In a household with two or three AT&T or Verizon devices - say, a smartphone and a tablet or two, and one device from T-Mobile or Sprint ... Sprint doesn't stand a chance," Moffett said.

Verizon had telegraphed the move toward shared plans, but had not revealed details or pricing.

Verizon Wireless has 93 million subscribers on its plans. It's a joint venture of New York-based phone company Verizon Communications Inc. and Vodafone Group PLC, a British cellphone company with wide international interests.

Verizon shares rose 38 cents to close at $42.94. In afternoon trading, the shares hit a four-year high of $42.95.

you guys are getting raped. Most providers in Germany have data plans where you get free unlimited data for somewhere between 8 and 15 euros a month, while the quantity you can use at full 3G or 4G speed is limited to somewhere between 500mb and 5gb. E.g. my phone contract features unlimited calls and unlimited data with high speed capped at 5gb for 25 € a month. Texts cost 9 cts a pop but that's okay because I never use them anyway.

Does it make send a text? check

wow, you sound like Igor the russian metalhead there. :shock: :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 09:19 PM
my bro has an iPhone and limited technical skills...for his needs it works. I tease him but at the end of the day it's something he's used to and likes.

Myself....I would pour over the technical specs, applications of both phones for days and then choose whichever one comes in blue :)

minz
07-31-2012, 09:21 PM
my bro has an iPhone and limited technical skills...for his needs it works. I tease him but at the end of the day it's something he's used to and likes.

Myself....I would pour over the technical specs, applications of both phones for days and then choose whichever one comes in blue :)

Mines blue... and I still cant figure it out. :(

Goofy
07-31-2012, 09:26 PM

Days? Sure you don't mean weeks/months? :-k

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Mines blue... and I still cant figure it out. :(

You're a woman, it's ok :tup:

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Days? Sure you don't mean weeks/months? :-k :slap:

:sucktestes: :x

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Days? Sure you don't mean weeks/months? :-k

:bwaha:

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 10:17 PM
:x

Godfather
08-01-2012, 12:55 AM
The GS3 is a drop dead sexy phone that blows the 4S out of the water and could well have better specs than the next Apple phone

Still, if I was a betting man, I'd say there are a huge number of people who are just madly anticipating the iPhone 5 to upgrade, and sales will rocket when it is released.