PDA

View Full Version : Teen in Trouble for Tweeting Photo of Dying Man Instead of Helping Him Out

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Neetzan Zimmerman - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/KkHO4.jpg

19-year-old Ikram Choudhury of Edinburgh, Scotland, could face charges for photographing a hit-and-run victim who lay dying by the side of the road, and then driving away without calling for help.

Choudhury, who stopped and exited his vehicle so he could take a photo of the man, set off a local firestorm after he tweeted the pic underneath the caption "Eeeehm wtf? Some guy just casually lying outside Ocean Terminal."

The teen, who had not called emergency services to report the injured man, was asked by his followers if he did anything to assist the man. "what if like i went over n he like tried doin some dodgy shit to me?" he replied. Choudhury later deleted his entire Twitter account.

According to the Daily Record, the injured man was treated by police officers who showed up nearly a quarter-hour after Choudhury's tweet. Paramedics arrived soon after and rushed the man to the hospital, but his injuries were too severe, and he passed away a short time later.

Police are still on the hunt for a silver Vauxhall Astra they believe was responsible for the hit-and-run.

Choudhury was interrogated at his parents' home yesterday, but has yet to be charged with a crime.

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 04:02 PM
what if he like spends some time in prison and shit?

What the hell was that moron thinking?

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
this is one thing that scares me about our current society....everyone is so concerned with getting and upping the image, they're forgetting the helping other humans part...

FBD
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
political correctness ftl

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
:facepalm:

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
political correctness ftl

huh?

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
The people currently between 25-35 are the world's last hope. Everyone under 25 is dumber than a box or rocks.

RBP
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know thew laws in Scotland but what could be charged with? You aren't obligated to help someone and, in fact, in some places if you help someone and aren't qualified to help them you could be charged for that.

Did he act like an immature dick? yes. Did he break a law? I'm not so sure.

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't know thew laws in Scotland but what could be charged with? You aren't obligated to help someone and, in fact, in some places if you help someone and aren't qualified to help them you could be charged for that.

I'm not an expert either, but in most european countries there are laws that require people in a situation like this to make at least an emergency call

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 05:31 PM

I don't know of any state in the US that doesn't have some kind Good Samaritan Law to protect people that try and help in good faith.

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't know of any state in the US that doesn't have some kind Good Samaritan Law to protect people that try and help in good faith.

A Good Samaritan law only protects you if you provide care within your skill set. If you puncture someones trachea to help them breathe and you haven't been trained for that you can be in serious trouble. It's the non-doctor version of the Hippocratic oath.

Goofy
07-31-2012, 08:02 PM
What a fucking clown :facepalm:

deebakes
07-31-2012, 11:47 PM
that kid looks healthy, i'm surprised he died :shock:

KevinD
08-01-2012, 03:46 AM
In Texas, we have the Good Samaritan law. We also have (can't remember the name) a law that states "if you witness an accident, you are required to render aid." My understanding of the way it is worded, is that, just seeing someone on the side of the road, as in this case, you are not required to render aid. In some areas around here, messing with someone laying on the roadside could get you jacked up, or killed.

That said it's a sad state when someone stops to take a pic, but can't be arsed to determine state of health.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 10:36 AM
A Good Samaritan law only protects you if you provide care within your skill set. If you puncture someones trachea to help them breathe and you haven't been trained for that you can be in serious trouble. It's the non-doctor version of the Hippocratic oath.

Sorry, not in Colorado, or any other state I have lived in for that matter

Colorado Good Samaritan Law

13-21-108. Persons rendering emergency assistance exempt from liability. (1) Any person licensed as a physician and surgeon under the laws of the state of Colorado, or any other person, who in good faith renders emergency care or emergency assistance to a person not presently his patient without compensation at the place of an emergency or accident, including a health care institution as defined in section 13-64-202 (3), shall not be liable for any civil damages for acts or omissions made in good faith as a result of the rendering of such emergency care or emergency assistance during the emergency, unless the acts or omissions were grossly negligent or willful and wanton. This section shall not apply to any person who renders such emergency care or emergency assistance to a patient he is otherwise obligated to cover.