PDA

View Full Version : President Obama plans to lay out 'Specific Agenda' for 2nd term, transitioning from 'Hope & Change' to 'I Beg Your Pardon, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2012, 06:14 PM
By Devin Dwyer | ABC OTUS News

http://i.imgur.com/Ok2ozl.jpg

President Obama hinted Monday evening that his re-election campaign will transition to a more positive and forward-looking message by the end of next month and into the fall.

Obama told a group of high-dollar donors at a New York City fundraiser that he intends to spend "a lot of time talking about the specific agenda that I intend to pursue in the second term."

Obama has faced criticism from some members of his party and key constituencies for not laying out clearly enough what his priorities will be if he's re-elected. He has also taken heat for running a predominantly negative, anti-Romney TV ad campaign in battleground states.

"This phase of the campaign I think you're seeing a lot of negative ads and a lot of contrast ads, although when people start saying how terrible it is I just have to remind them to take a look at what Jefferson and Adams had to say about each other, and democracy has always been pretty rough and pretty messy," Obama said.

"There is going to be, though, as the summer winds down and we get into the fall, the need for voters in these swing states to know not just what they're voting against but also what they're voting for," he said. "And so we'll be spending a lot of time talking about the specific agenda that I intend to pursue in the second term, which I think will make sure that this economy is going full guns.

"So the upshot is if the election were held today, I think it would be close, but I think we'd win. And we now have 99 days left. If I can say that every single day for the next 99 days, then we will be able to embark on the next phase of this journey."

Obama spoke before 60 supporters who paid $40,000 apiece to mingle with the president inside the NoMad Hotel in Manhattan. The event was expected to raise more than $2.4 million for the 2012 campaign, according to figures provided by the Obama campaign.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
:dance:

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
For being "an advocate of the poor" he sure takes a lot of money from some very, very rich people.

perrhaps
07-31-2012, 06:41 PM
For being "an advocate of the poor" he sure takes a lot of money from some very, very rich people.

Just reparations for slavery.

Acid Trip
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Just reparations for slavery.

:lol:

Arkady Renko
07-31-2012, 07:31 PM
makes sense, the bit about the problems inherited from Dubya has gone a bit stale by now. Apparently now the new party pooper is Angela Merkel, because she won't agree to force the ECB and the ESM to perfrom an unlimited bailout for Spain and Italy. She even sent Tim Geithner to pester the german minister of finance in his holiday home about the bailout madness.

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
"...although when people start saying how terrible it is I just have to remind them to take a look at what Jefferson and Adams had to say about each other, and democracy has always been pretty rough and pretty messy"

No. It's about the promises you made and the impact of your policies on the country. End of...

Southern Belle
07-31-2012, 09:26 PM
"...although when people start saying how terrible it is I just have to remind them to take a look at what Jefferson and Adams had to say about each other, and democracy has always been pretty rough and pretty messy"

No. It's about the promises you made and the impact of your policies on the country. End of...
Thank you.

Goofy
07-31-2012, 09:28 PM

Racist [-(

Hal-9000
07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Racist [-(

I never speed [-(

FBD
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
:lol:

yadda yadda, we didnt know how bad it was...

=

we had no idea that our policies wouldnt actually work, we thought we could do what we thought those fking republicans did all these years, just give money and favors to your constituents and have it all be peachy......what?....why are you all looking at me like that?