PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones Wants Him Some Glory Hole

Oofty Goofty
08-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Jerry Jones Said “I Want Me Some Glory Hole,” And He Meant It

Sometimes you just have to sit there for a minute (or several), contemplating exactly how you want to go about writing something. Reading that not only did Jerry Jones use the phrase “glory hole” when talking to reporters about the coming season (emphasis on “coming” hehehe nailed it), not only did he then use it again (saying, incredibly, “I want me some glory hole”), proving he meant to use it the first time and generally putting his media session in danger of turning into something like this old Batman comic, but he’s apparently done this a lot? That was one of those times.

One thing to do: see Jones actually saying this stuff for myself, to prove it wasn’t all too good to be true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1delTo3BAU

Check. Glorious, glorious check. Now what? Well, Cowboys PR man Rich Dalrymple earned his money and reminded the gathered (and understandably snickering) media members that “glory hole” is actually a commonly-used phrase in the oil industry that made Jones rich. And apparently it is. The more you know.

And with that done? Well… I’m stumped. All I can bring myself to do is keep marveling at Jones’ casual use of “glory hole.” I wish I had more jokes for you, but does this even need a joke? It’s Jerry Jones repeatedly saying “glory hole.” There’s nothing I can add to that. Well, except to posit that in the glory hole days Jones references, “I want me some glory hole!” might have been a pretty common exclamation among many members of the Cowboys. And that we hope this all ends with Rob Ryan yelling “I want me some glory hole!” during defensive meetings to fire up his troops.

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I want me some DP and light bondage

Oofty Goofty
08-01-2012, 01:57 PM
As a life long Cowboys fan, there are many aspects of Jerry Jones that I absolutely can't stand, but his frequent misspeaks are pure gold. Last year, after U2 played a concert at Cowboys Stadium, he was interview about it and said he was a big fan of "Boone-Oh".

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I work with a guy like that :lol: It's like he's never heard the word before so he tries it phonetically..

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
ok so he's deaf...not the best example

:coat:

Muddy
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Right on! :lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
my deaf, ghey coworker just got one of those Borg hearing aid implants and is struggling with the new world...I shouldn't make fun

perrhaps
08-01-2012, 02:18 PM
my deaf, ghey coworker just got one of those Borg hearing aid implants and is struggling with the new world...I shouldn't make fun

You're right. What you should do is whisper your first sentence when you talk to him, and shout your second.

Acid Trip
08-01-2012, 02:23 PM
You're right. What you should do is whisper your first sentence when you talk to him, and shout your second.

:lol:

Muddy
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Those things are weird..

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM

:lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 03:52 PM

you jest....he was off for a week for the operation and his first day back we didn't even whisper...we all silently mouthed good morning and he told us to fuck off, very loudly :lol:

it's a really unique device, part of hooks behind his ear and then he throws this little round thing against his head and it sticks...magnetic :lol:

He is struggling though since he's been 95% deaf since birth. All of the new sounds are too much for him and he has to go back weekly to get it tuned up. They connect him to a laptop via USB, I shite you not :lol:

deebakes
08-02-2012, 03:38 AM
way to go jerry :lol:

Richard Cranium
08-02-2012, 03:58 AM
it's a really unique device, part of hooks behind his ear and then he throws this little round thing against his head and it sticks...magnetic :lol:

He is struggling though since he's been 95% deaf since birth. All of the new sounds are too much for him and he has to go back weekly to get it tuned up. They connect him to a laptop via USB, I shite you not :lol:

You work with an interesting lot,

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/116/MPW-58376

FBD
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
what's that? oh, my wife's hearing. comes and it goes? THIS WAY, MISS!!! :lol: