PDA

View Full Version : The Brady Bunch to Be Rebooted for New TV Show Produced by Vince Vaughn

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 06:26 PM
By Justin Ravitz - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/FJhEh.jpg

Here's the story . . .

Almost 40 years after the original sitcom went off the air, The Brady Bunch is headed back to the small screen.

Deadline reports that CBS is developing a reboot of the classic sitcom about a blended family of eight, with Vince Vaughn attached as executive producer. Unlike the ABC classic created by Sherwood Anderson and starring Robert Reed and Florence Henderson (which ran from 1969 to 1974), the reboot, Deadline reports, will be set in the current era, will have a decidedly more modern, evolved take on blended families.

Written by Mike Mariano (Raising Hope, My Name Is Earl), the remake will center on Bobby Brady, a divorced dad with his own kids, remarried to a divorced mom -- and with whom he also shares a biological child. The series will also include both of their ex-spouses as well. In the beloved, kitschy original, Carol Ann (Henderson) was originally written as a divorcee, but ABC objected.

Vaughn reportedly came up with the concept and approached Mariano to pen the script; Lloyd Schwartz, the son of the late show creator Sherwood, will executive produce the show alongside Vaughn and CBS.

Although the original ended in 1974, the Bradys have made frequent returns to pop culture -- with a late-70s variety show, numerous reunion and Christmas specials, and two satiric feature films in the 1990s.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
So....the "No New Ideas" issue has filtered down to TV as well now. Awesome. :|

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Cindy Brady :shifty:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I like Vince Vaughn's style, it could be ok. But, yeah I'm sure there isnt a new idea in hollywood anywhere. Every struggling writer is just sitting there rehashing old ideas.

Thats what I love about comedy central and FX they arent scarred to let people try something different. Workaholics and Louie are perfect examples.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
By Justin Ravitz - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/FJhEh.jpg

Are they doing it with out a Dad :lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
yep, two lesbo mothers with kids from their previous hetero marriages...

working title - The Brady Carpet Munching Bunch :)

deebakes
08-02-2012, 03:27 AM
fuck these unoriginal pieces of shit :x