PDA

View Full Version : Somali comedian who mocked Islamist militants is killed

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
The Associated Press

MOGADISHU, Somalia – A popular Somali comedian and playwright who mocked Islamist militants for brainwashing children and killing civilians has been shot dead.

The 43-year-old TV and radio comedian Abdi Jeylani Malaq, was killed Tuesday by two young men near his Mogadishu home.

Abdi Muridi Dhere, a colleague, said Malaq's death is heartbreaking. He said the killing has sent Mogadishu back to the "dark days."

Seven journalists have been killed in Somalia this year in what appear to be targeted killings. Dhere says the government needs to provide better security.

The human rights group Amnesty International has demanded that Somali authorities and the international community take action to re-establish the rule of law in Somalia following the killing of the Somali comedian.

Arkady Renko
08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I had no idea that somali comedians existed in the first place.

Acid Trip
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Nonsense, we were told by the government that Islam is the religion of peace.

The government is never wrong.

Arkady Renko
08-02-2012, 04:26 PM
it certainly isn't the religion of humour, that's for sure.

Hal-9000
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
"...sent Mogadishu back to the "dark days."

can't recall too many light days there....

Arkady Renko
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
"...sent Mogadishu back to the "dark days."

can't recall too many light days there....

they sure had a blast when they shot that chopper down

Hal-9000
08-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I watched the movie featuring that guy who became a priest and went over there....

they've been hacking up people with machetes for years....fuckin heathens

Arkady Renko
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I watched the movie featuring that guy who became a priest and went over there....

they've been hacking up people with machetes for years....fuckin heathens

machine gun priest you mean? I think that one's located in Uganda, not that it'd make much of a difference. In Somalia there's tibal warfare among various insanely radical muslim groups while in Uganda the warlords use some weird homespun varieties of christianism to keep their folks in line.