PDA

View Full Version : Britain ranked one of the laziest countries in the world

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2012, 10:54 AM
By Helen Collis - The Daily Mail

Brits the length and breadth of the country are currently gripped by London 2012 Olympic fever.

While many of us are hugely inspired by the phenomenal achievements of the athletes, the sad reality is that only a minority of us share the same enthusiasm for being active.

Scientific journal The Lancet has carried out a global study, including results from 122 countries, to establish which nations are the laziest.

http://i.imgur.com/lSV6B.png

The UK, it found was one of the most inactive countries, with a staggering 63.3% of the population being inactive. It was ranked eighth laziest country in the world.

The UK was put to shame when compared with its US friends. The study found just over 40 per cent of those in North America were inactive, putting it in the 46th spot.

Meanwhile, Greece was labelled the least lazy nation in the study. Only 15% of the population of the balmy Mediterranean country, which also boasts one of the world's healthiest diets, was classed as inactive.

http://i.imgur.com/12MXV.jpg

Overall, women rated lower than men in the study. The highest percentage of inactive women was found in countries where they find it difficult to find employment due to social constraints, such as Saudi Arabia, which ranked third least active country.

Of the countries surveyed almost one third of their population is considered inactive.

And 80 per cent of adolescents rated as below the standards.

The results of the study, the researchers said, are being release to coincide with the Olympic Games to help spur lazy members of the public to choose to lead more active lives.

The researchers point out that lack of exercise is now a leading cause of death and a third of people across the world do not meet the minimum activity recommendations, which is generally about 2.5 hours of moderate activity per week.

The following list names and shames the 20 least active countries from the study.

They hope that the timing of the series, along with Olympic excitement, will give people a push into more physical action.Of the countries surveyed almost one third of their population is considered inactive.

And 80 per cent of adolescents rated as below the standards.

The results of the study, the researchers said, are being release to coincide with the Olympic Games to help spur lazy members of the public to choose to lead more active lives.

The researchers point out that lack of exercise is now a leading cause of death and a third of people across the world do not meet the minimum activity recommendations, which is generally about 2.5 hours of moderate activity per week.

The following list names and shames the 20 least active countries from the study.

They hope that the timing of the series, along with Olympic excitement, will give people a push into more physical action.

http://i.imgur.com/PjAml.png

Leefro
08-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Woo-Hoo

Do we win a gold ?

redred
08-06-2012, 11:07 AM
ffs we can't even win a being lazy event :roll:

Goofy
08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I was gonna come up with a witty reply but I really cant be arsed........

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2012, 07:37 PM

You're trying to hard :hand:

Hal-9000
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Malta kicked your ass :lol: :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Scientific journal The Lancet has carried out a global study, including results from 122 countries, to establish which nations are the laziest.

The source seems suspect

Muddy
08-07-2012, 02:13 AM
:sleeps:

Oofty Goofty
08-07-2012, 02:46 AM
The source seems suspect

I wouldn't trust anything bearing a name like that