PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry store owner fires at 5 masked robbers

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2012, 11:04 AM
By DENISSE SALAZAR / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

http://i.imgur.com/XsWoK.jpg

GARDEN GROVE – Police seek the public's help in finding five men suspected of attempting to rob a jewelry store but fled when the owner fired two shots at them.

Officers about 5:35 p.m. on Sunday were sent to investigate reports of an armed robbery at Continental Jewelry, 12032 Brookhurst St., Garden Grove police Lt. Jeff Nightengale said.

Officers learned a white Ford SUV backed up to the front of the business and five men wearing masks and gloves entered the store, Nightengale said. Two of the men with handguns pointed them at the employees and a customer. The other men carried pillowcases and demanded money, he said.

The 65-year-old female owner saw the men were carrying weapons and grabbed a handgun she keeps in the store for protection, Nightengale said.

She fired two rounds at the men causing them to run out of the store, Nightengale said. One of the armed men fired a round into the ceiling, but no injuries were reported, he said.

"She said she feared the suspects were going to shoot either the employees or the customer and felt she had to take action," Nightengale said. "Obviously the best thing to do is to cooperate so no one gets hurt."

The men, described as being in their 20s, fled in the SUV.

Nothing was stolen from the store, but the men took the customer's cellphone.

Investigators are trying to determine if a robbery attempt at the Asian Garden Mall on Monday, where a jewelry store owner shot a suspect in the face, may be connected to Sunday's robbery.

http://i.imgur.com/8Z1t2.jpg

FBD
08-06-2012, 11:47 AM
yes, obviously the best thing to do is cower and hope they dont shoot you while they loot as much of the place as possible, even if you have a gun, you should go run and hide because someone might get shot.

Acid Trip
08-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Investigators are trying to determine if a robbery attempt at the Asian Garden Mall on Monday, where a jewelry store owner shot a suspect in the face, may be connected to Sunday's robbery.

:lol: Two jewelry store owners firing at robbers in the same weekend? Robbers are gonna fall on hard times.

KevinD
08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Too bad the owner in the OP didn't actually hit one of the b-tards.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-06-2012, 02:57 PM
We wouldnt want to put out a message to criminals that we will fight back :hand:

KevinD
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I have one of those signs on my gate that says I don't believe in guns, lol. Wonder if that would be considered "entrapment"?

Acid Trip
08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Can criminals apply for disability if they are no longer able to rob people?

Hal-9000
08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
yes, obviously the best thing to do is cower and hope they dont shoot you while they loot as much of the place as possible, even if you have a gun, you should go run and hide because someone might get shot.

didn't you say just last week that if you were armed and someone broke into your home, that the above...was the best course of action? Nothing is worth your life sort of thing, even when you are armed?

yes, you, AT and Kevin all said exactly that when faced with an armed attacker...

Acid Trip
08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
didn't you say just last week that if you were armed and someone broke into your home, that the above...was the best course of action? Nothing is worth your life sort of thing, even when you are armed?

yes, you, AT and Kevin all said exactly that when faced with an armed attacker...

We said that you don't pull unless it's safe to do so. When a robber turns their back that is when it's safe to draw and fire. Skimmed over our responses didn't you?

Hal-9000
08-06-2012, 08:07 PM
We said that you don't pull unless it's safe to do so. When a robber turns their back that is when it's safe to draw and fire. Skimmed over our responses didn't you?

Nope, read all three verbatim :thumbsup:

you told me that you were offended that I referred to a responsible gun owner as someone who kept his firearms unloaded and in a safe place within his home :lol:

I see that we will continue to agree to disagree on this subject...