PDA

View Full Version : Bicyclist Gets Ticket After Getting Clipped By Car

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 07:42 PM
CBS 4 Denver

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – A car and bike collided in Boulder over the weekend, but only one person was ticketed and it wasn’t the driver.

The accident happened Saturday morning along South Broadway at Greenbriar Boulevard.

Mark Taydus told CBS4 he riding his bicycle home from work and he pressed the walk button so he could cross in the crosswalk. When he was crossing the walk light was flashing red but he thought he could get past before oncoming cars had a green light.

He almost did, but when the light turned green a car clipped him. Even though he was the one who was struck he got a $50 ticket.

“I knew that my leg was going to be in serious danger. I just instinctively jumped off my bike,” he said.

Boulder police say Taydus did not have the right of way, which is why he got the ticket.

“I was surprised. I thought that, you know,I was hit, and I thought that she would be at fault for not being a responsible driver,” he said.

Taydus’ mother drove him to the hospital to treat his minor cuts on his head and elbow. His bike also needs a new wheel.

“I know now that it’s probably better to ease on the side of caution rather than trying to be aggressive and cross traffic when it’s not safe to cross,” he said.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I think this is awesome, the bicyclists around here are militant and they go out of their way to be a nuisance on the roads when there are cars around.

Hopefully this will make some of them take notice.

minz
08-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I have f**king big issues with cyclists around here, they ride three abreast on these country lanes, its hard enough to try to pass one of them but three!!!

Hugh_Janus
08-07-2012, 07:57 PM
“I was surprised. I thought that, you know,I was hit, and I thought that she would be at fault for not being a responsible driver,” he said.

:-s she would be at fault because you decided to cycle across a road with traffic when the light was red?

shame they don't also give tickets out for being a retard :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I always thought the pedestrian (or cyclist in this case) always had the right of way, even when they are fucking idiots.

Richard Cranium
08-07-2012, 08:13 PM
They also have the right to get run the fuck over

Hugh_Janus
08-07-2012, 08:17 PM
They also have the right to get run the fuck over
its surprising how fast they can move when they realise you're not going to slow down :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM
:-s she would be at fault because you decided to cycle across a road with traffic when the light was red?

shame they don't also give tickets out for being a retard :rolleyes:

My best buddy here cycles to work every day (he doesn't drive a car). He's on a bike forum and him and I have interesting discussions on the subject :lol:

The other day I was in a turning lane and there were two cyclists ahead of me riding side by side. Letter of the law says that they should walk their bikes at teh pedestrian crossing, so they shouldn't have been in my lane to begin with.

Anyways, light turns, they both lolly-gag through the turn and I almost get clipped by oncoming traffic coming straight through. THEN...she pulls out a phone and starts doing something on it. I was fucking livid and came as close as I could to the 2 of them, passed them and screamed. The guy got all butt hurt shaking his fist at me in the rearview, so I stopped the car.

they both continued on :lol: