PDA

View Full Version : Romney Killed a Woman? Okay, Priorities USA May Have Gone a Little Too Far With This One

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
The Daily Dolt

Perhaps emboldened by the success of their recent ‘Stage’ attack ad (it’s pretty powerful — take a look), the pro-Obama super-PAC Priorities USA has now unleashed an even bolder ad. In this one, Mitt Romney basically kills a woman. No, seriously. Whereas in the ‘Stage’ ad, Priorities USA used an effective emotional anecdote relating to Bain Capital’s closing of a factory to demonstrate Romney’s insensitivity to everyday Americans, this ad just goes full retard. You never go full retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3aT6P1bew

Okay, in addition to the fact that it’s unclear whether this is an attack on Bain Capital or a defense of Obamacare, isn’t the relationship between Bain’s actions and this woman’s death a bit attenuated? A company formerly headed by Mitt Romney closed down a plant, which in turn caused this man to lose his job, which in turn caused this woman to lose her health insurance, which in turn caused this woman not to get regular health check-ups, which in turn led her cancer to grow undiagnosed, which in turn caused her to die? And therefore, what, Mitt Romney is a murderer?

And it’s also relevant to note that this woman died in 2006. Priorities USA strategist Bill Burton explained that even though the woman died as Romney was finishing up his term as governor — well after he had anything to do with Bain Capital — the connection between Romney’s actions and her death was still a valid basis for attack:

“We’re illustrating how long it took for communities and individuals to recover from the closing of these businesses. Families and individuals had to find new jobs, new sources of health insurance and a way to make up for the pensions they lost. Mitt Romney has had an enduring impact on the lives of thousands of men and women and for many of them, that impact has been devastating.”
That sounds like a fair enough line of reasoning — and to be fair, the ‘Stage’ ad is also attenuated since it wasn’t actually Romney who told those guys to build the stage — but…still. The problem with Mitt Romney is that he is running on his experience at Bain Capital. The problem with Bain Capital is that it caused people to lose their jobs while making a small number of privileged individuals very rich. And the concern is that, as president, Romney would set forth policies which continue to grow inequality in America. The problem with Bain Capital is not that it killed people. The concern is not that Romney is going to go around killing people, which this ad implies he did.

Acid Trip
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
The planet closed in 2001. Romney wasn't in charge at Bain in 2001. The guy's wife died in 2006.

:fail:

Southern Belle
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think we've seen how low they will stoop to try to make Romney look bad.

Muddy
08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I think its funked up how anyone can produce an ad and it doesn't have to be endorsed by the candidate and can be aired.. People believe everything they see on TV..

PorkChopSandwiches
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Freedom of speech son.... even if its slander :lol:

Muddy
08-08-2012, 03:56 PM
A double edged sword..

Iffy
08-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Obama gave her the cancer :cheerlead:

:x prove he didn't

Lambchop
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I'mma vote for the guy whose aide was like, ''Kiss my ass yo, this be holy Polish land.'' That mawfuxer was amazing.

Southern Belle
08-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Heard on the news earlier that the woman wasn't even covered by her husband's insurance. She lost HER insurance when she lost HER job (which wasn't connected to Bain) several years earlier.

deebakes
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
i know bill burton :shock: