PDA

View Full Version : Spider found in ear

Teh One Who Knocks
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
The Short List

http://i.imgur.com/eBh8T.jpg

We've always dismissed the "fact" that in your lifetime you'll, apparently, eat up to eight spiders while you sleep.

But while we've no evidence to disprove the arachnid-munching theory, there is some troubling news in from China. Incy Wincy likes to nap in human ears.

A spider was found by doctors at China's Changsha Central Hospital, in the ear of a woman who had been complaining of 'itching' in the left side of her head.

Doctors then had to extract the creature, but had to be very careful so as to make sure it didn't burrow or even bite the woman. Eventually they settled on filling the poor old girl's ear with saline fluid to coax it out. Thankfully, it worked.

It later emerged the spider had probably been living in her ear canal for up to five days and may have crawled in while she slept in her home during renovations.

And for those of you thinking it was just a little money spider, it wasn't. Take a gander at the photo. Happy Thursday everyone.

Arkady Renko
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Gross, seriously gross.

Acid Trip
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
:puke:

Dr.Lino69
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
he's cute though

PorkChopSandwiches
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
:puke:

RBP
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
nasty!

Muddy
08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
08-09-2012, 09:58 PM
A buddy of mine was in Hawaii with his folks when he was young....came time to leave and he was complaining about a sore ear. Doc found a lump just under his lobe....

Turns out the spider went into his ear canal, laid an egg sac and then died inside his ear. They had to operate and do the creepy - remove the baby spiders after cutting the sac :shock:

The hotel they were staying at got wind of the situation along with the airline and let the whole family stay another week on the house :thumbsup:

Foxdana
08-14-2012, 11:04 AM
OMG!!! Does it get any worse!! I had missed this, but thanks Lance, he made sure I noticed it! Wow, lice makes your head itch, now I'll think twice when my ear gets itchy! EWWWWW!!!!

Goofy
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
:shock: :hills: