PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno Jokes About Tonight Show Layoffs, Slams Comcast and NBC

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2012, 05:04 PM
by Liz Raftery - TV Guide

http://i.imgur.com/vlYia.jpg

Jay Leno employed a little gallows humor in his Tonight Show monologue Monday night, cracking bitter jokes about the show's recent staff layoffs and his own pay cut.

Both NBC and its parent company, Comcast, were the target of Leno's ire, with the talk show host getting in digs about NBC's frequent fourth-place ratings behind Fox, CBS and ABC.

"Welcome to The Tonight Show, or as Comcast calls us, The Expendables," Leno greeted his audience Monday. "As you may have heard, our parent company has downsized The Tonight Show. ... We've consistently been number one in the ratings, and if you know anything about our network, that kind of thing is frowned upon."

Some 20 to 25 Tonight Show staffers were laid off Friday and Leno took a sizable pay cut to reportedly to spare additional job cuts. Producers were also reportedly given the option to take pay cuts or lose their jobs.

"Friday morning when I woke up, there was a peacock head in my bed," Leno said, also quipping that the show was being taken over by Bain Capital.

deebakes
08-21-2012, 11:47 PM
i used to think this guy was a total tool, then i heard him get interviewed by jay mohr for the mohr stories podcast... although i can't say leno is funny to me, i do respect the guy. real stand up act i think :tup: (no pun intended) :lol:

Midnight_Beacon
09-05-2012, 04:15 PM
How he handled the mess with Conan O'Brian says a lot about his character to me. I'll let you have this show because I'm doing something else. Er something else didn't work out.... I'll be taking my spot back. Sorry to hear his staff is losing their jobs though.

Muddy
09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
How he handled the mess with Conan O'Brian says a lot about his character to me. I'll let you have this show because I'm doing something else. Er something else didn't work out.... I'll be taking my spot back. Sorry to hear his staff is losing their jobs though.

He didn't come back because "something else didn't work out.." NBC brought him back because Conan couldn't hold the ratings.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Fuck Jay Leno, he pulled shady shit to get the job in the first place and pulled shady shit to take it back when Conan;'s deal date came up. Plus I dont find him funny at all, he is milk toast comedy if you can even call it that.

Muddy
09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Fuck Jay Leno, he pulled shady shit to get the job in the first place and pulled shady shit to take it back when Conan;'s deal date came up. Plus I dont find him funny at all, he is milk toast comedy if you can even call it that.

Maybe if he was more like Rosser and pissed on some cancerous kids for kicks you'd like him.. :d

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
At least it would be edgy :tup:

Muddy
09-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Im not into shock jocks...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2012, 04:58 PM
At least it would be edgy :tup:

Edgy ≠ Funny

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
jay leno ≠ funny

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Leno > Conan

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Conan is way funnier, I can actually sit through his show

Muddy
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Conans funny for 20 minutes..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Im never up late enough to watch these night time shows, but I catch Conan from time to time since it plays at 9pm. He is hit or miss sometimes.