PDA

View Full Version : Parents turned in by son for alleged pot growing waive hearings

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
By Matt Coughlin - The Intelligencer Staff Writer

http://i.imgur.com/Mpd43.jpg

Two Doylestown Township parents charged with growing pot in their basement waived their preliminary hearings Friday.

Francis Joseph Medvedik, 49, and his wife, Caren Shanfeld, 45, of the 2000 block of Par Drive, waived the hearing before District Judge Mark Douple on Friday and prosecutors agreed to withdraw some charges and lower the grading of others.

Authorities withdrew felony charges of manufacturing marijuana and conspiracy to manufacture marijuana against Shanfeld, while a drug charge was altered and a felony endangering the welfare of children charge was reduced to a misdemeanor. The felony endangering the welfare of children charge against Medvedik was also lowered to a first degree misdemeanor. Shanfeld no longer faces any felonies.

“Caren is an excellent mother and this resolution guarantees that she will not be a convicted felon and she can continue with a very successful professional career,” said Louis Busico, Shanfeld’s defense attorney. “At no time would she ever permit her children to be used as witnesses.”

Shanfeld, a chiropractor, and Medvedik, a software engineer, were arrested after one of their teenage sons called police to report his parents were growing marijuana in the basement.

When police went to the home, the boy led officers to a basement room with several marijuana plants inside. According to court records, police seized 18 marijuana plants from a basement room equipped with reflective insulation, circulating fans, halide lamps, a copper water supply and electrical timing devices.

Police also found 10 plastic containers of marijuana and a brown paper bag with 12 plastic bags of marijuana in a bedroom closet. Police said they also seized $1,920 cash and several smoking devices and packaging materials.

The marijuana growing operation was located in the same basement as a bedroom shared by two of the couple’s five children from previous marriages. Medvedik has two children, ages 17 and 15 at the time of his arrest in late May. Shanfeld’s children were 14, 12 and 10 at the time of her arrest.

Neither has a prior criminal record in Pennsylvania, according to records available online.

Both are scheduled for formal arraignments in the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas on Sept. 21. They remain free on their own recognizance.

Acid Trip
08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Congrats, you raised a bunch of narcs.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
What a little douche bag

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Guess he got punished for something and he was pissed about it. Either that, or they just told him 'no'. Oh well, time to kick the fuckin' kid out.

Fuckin' teenagers, man. I'm glad I don't have kids.

:lol:

MrsM
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Guess he got punished for something and he was pissed about it. Either that, or they just told him 'no'. Oh well, time to kick the fuckin' kid out.

Fuckin' teenagers, man. I'm glad I don't have kids.

:lol:

I bet they found him using their stash and punished him... this is his revenge.

Hal-9000
08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
"manufacturing" ....like it's a chemical process :lol:

Chiropractor and software engineer, kid must have lived a spartan life with no money and felt the need to send his hobo parents to jail...

Hal-9000
08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Dad looks like he's going to give the spanking of a lifetime :lol: