PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Teen who smoked K2 arrested for calling 911 to report odd dream

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2012, 04:47 PM
WFTV-TV Channel 9

http://i.imgur.com/25z0m.png

18-year-old, who called 911 to report his odd dream because he was convinced that it was really happening, was arrested Monday night at his home in Orange City.

Investigators said after falling asleep and having an odd dream he thought was real, Mark Welch told his parents about it, but they didn't believe him. They said Welch then decided to call 911 to report the incident.

911 operator: "What's happening?"

Welch: "Everything that happened today is actually in my dream, and I want to prove it to everybody."

911 operator: "What did you dream about that's happening?"

Welch: "It's all on paper. I wrote it down."

The deputy was dispatched to Welch's house, where he told the deputy he had smoked synthetic marijuana (K2).

The deputy said he determined that Welch was confused, apparently from the K2 he had been smoking, but wasn't in any need of medical attention.

The deputy told Welch not to call 911 again unless he had a genuine emergency. His parents hid the phone in an effort to prevent Welch from calling again, authorities said.

However, 40 minutes after the first call, Welch went to a neighbor's house and called 911 again, saying he was still trying to prove something to his family about his dream.

"The officer told me not to call back," said Welch. "And he said if I called back, then y'all were going to take me to court. So I'm calling back."

Investigators said the operator asked Welch if he wanted to go to jail.

He responded, "I have to prove something to my family, so can you send an officer back?"

When asked if there was an emergency, Welch admitted there wasn't.

The same deputy was sent to his house and arrested Welch for misuse of the 911 system, which is a first-degree misdemeanor.

Welch was booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach on a $500 bail.