PDA

View Full Version : Too Sexy: Mum v Daughter in Beauty Pageant

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2012, 10:53 AM
By JENNIFER TIPPETT - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/YRIrZ.jpg

A MUM and daughter are about to go head to head in the Miss Plus Size International beauty pageant for bigger women.

Here, single mum of four and tea shop owner Michelle, 41, and budding baker Bianca, 23, from Charlton, south-east London, talk to JENNIFER TIPPETT.

Michelle says

“FOR us, this is the ultimate mother-and-daughter experience — and to both make the final after 400 ladies from around the world entered is a real honour.

“We both really want to win and that’s great.

“And we’re the only mum-and-daughter BBW (Big Beautiful Women) team competing in pageants globally.

“It just shows that us full-figured girls from south-east London can set the standard and show the rest of the world how it’s done.

“I don’t consider either of us large. We’re in the middle.

“We’ve never dieted and I don’t consider it necessary.

“Sometimes we over-indulge on special occasions but who doesn’t?

“I have taught all my children the value of healthy food.

“We don’t sit around stuffing our faces. Everyone assumes because we are big that we are lazy, which is just not true.

“It’s about time people appreciated that big women are part of society.

“As mum and daughter, we represent different ages and different sizes.

http://i.imgur.com/LqCW8.jpg

“We’re helping each other with our outfits for the competition, which include evening wear, lounge wear, daywear and swimwear.

“But I think Bianca is holding a few things back from me. She’s got a competitive spirit which I have encouraged in all my children.

“I would also never tell my daughter to diet.

“My boys (aged 18, eight and six) are all slim but the women in my family are bigger and we are proud of that.

Neither of us wants to be a size eight as it is unrealistic.

“A typical day’s diet is toast for breakfast, juice and biscuits at 11am, crisps and a sandwich for lunch, coffee and biscuits in the afternoon and chicken and rice for dinner.

“I’m a big dessert fan, though, and will have chocolate pudding or ginger pudding every night.

“I don’t find thin people as attractive as big women.

“I often get compliments on the way I dress and I fit into size XL from the High Street so I can get some really fashionable clothes to fit my size.

http://i.imgur.com/1zI14.jpg

“I am proud of my curves and feel sexy. When you have four children, paying for childcare to go to the gym is expensive.

“Instead I work and walk for my exercise and dance when Bianca and I go out together.

“I am not a drain on the NHS — smokers, drinkers and drug-takers cost the taxpayer far more than people who suffer from obesity-related health issues.

“I think obesity, BMI and people’s weight has become too much of an obsession and an issue nowadays.

“It’s blamed for everything that’s wrong in this world and it shouldn’t be. I can’t remember the last time I went to see the doctor.”

Bianca says

“I AM so excited about being in the Miss Plus Size pageant.

“Mum and I will get competitive but deep down I just want us to both be able to celebrate our size.

“I am a happy and healthy size 24. We do enjoy our food but I am a size 24 because of my genetic make-up.

“Mum is bigger because of her lifestyle change, which was having four children. She has inspired me to love myself inside and I have learned to love myself on the outside, too.

“It’s one of the reasons I am in the pageant — to inspire other young women and show them that size shouldn’t define you.

“I did get picked on at school because of my size and I did sneak unhealthy foods to eat but I think being big is hereditary.

“Chocolate was my naughty habit and I hated PE. That was the worst time, as all the girls getting changed would tease me and I’d rush in to get a toilet cubicle.

“It’s a struggle to get clothes my size and I often have to shop online or in plus-size ranges to get clothes that fit.

http://i.imgur.com/RB2sZ.jpg

“Usually they suit a bigger figure but they’re not always very fashionable.

“I’ve recently got into baking and love cooking and eating my own cakes. They’re hard to resist.

“Now all those skinny girls who dreamed of being models and pageant stars can look at me and realise that the “big girl” is the one making it big.

“The term “obesity” doesn’t take into consideration mental health and happiness.

“I am the size I am and proud of it. I am not promoting obesity but I have now got pageant confidence and that’s made me feel amazing.

“Don’t call me fat. I can dress in a fashion-forward way and I love looking trendy.

http://i.imgur.com/nACSz.jpg

“Being in a BBW beauty pageant is a dream come true and we also love going to the Big Girls party nights to party with other BBWs. Seeing all the other beautiful big girls made us realise the competition is going to be tough but we are all getting really excited now.

“I know some people will probably call us ugly, have a go at us because of our size, tell us we’re ignorant and that we should lose weight but we’ll get over it.

“If dieting isn’t working for you and you are miserable, perhaps it’s time to look inside yourself and learn to love who you are and ignore everyone else.

“I did — and now I’m competing with my mum in a beauty pageant.

“And I plan to beat Mum to the crown.”

redred
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
lance you seem to have put the word Beauty in the title ,did you want to edit that out ?

Goofy
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
:puke:

Muddy
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Ugghh... my eyes!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
lance you seem to have put the word Beauty in the title ,did you want to edit that out ?

:puke:

Ugghh... my eyes!

:dance:

deebakes
09-07-2012, 03:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DHbpq.jpg

minz
09-07-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm laughing so much at all the shattered expectaions in this thread. :rofl:

redred
09-07-2012, 09:31 AM
:slap:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-07-2012, 03:13 PM
:cry:

Hal-9000
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
ummm....when you're a woman and your arms are bigger than Hulk Hogan's, you're not in the middle of anything :lol: YOU IS LARGE!

perrhaps
09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I see the sumo wrestlers, but where are the beauty pageant contestants?

Is this one of them "Where's Waldo" kind of things?